Location Choice: San Francisco or Mountain View, CA
How would you like the opportunity to do meaningful, mission-driven work at a tech startup? Sound too good to be true?? Read on... Vida Health, an exciting early stage startup is set to disrupt the mobile healthcare space which will be $25B by 2018. Vida offers a unique platform and service, both B2B and B2C, that helps prevent, manage, and reverse chronic conditions, improving the lives of millions across the globe. At Vida, you'll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how people keep themselves healthy and happy.
As an early design hire, you will play a critical role in shaping how we build our design culture, platform, and product as well as how we deliver our product to millions around the world. We look for creative, agile, motivated and passionate people, who like to question the status quo and take initiative. We encourage designers joining our team to grow and learn. This role will be more focused on visual design - but will have plenty of opportunities to wear various hats including interaction design, user research and marketing.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, coaches and the rest of the team to deliver a compelling, thoughtful and beautiful product
- Define a new design language for Vida's digital health products that will engage and inspire people across demographics and geographies - ensure consistent voice, tone
- Bring beauty and clarity to the next generation of Vida products as they tackle the complexity and confusion in healthcare
- Synthesize complex health data and concepts into easily consumed infographics and vector illustrations that help promote positive behavior changes
- Contribute to Vida's corporate identity, print, packaging and marketing projects
- Help lead visual design QA across our entire product experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates graphic design thinking and skills in a variety of projects including responsive web, native iOS and Android mobile applications
- A bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
- 3-5 years of experience designing amazing consumer facing mobile and web products
- Strong sensibility for what makes an overall excellent consumer product experience
- Experience designing highly thoughtful and highly usable layouts that consider graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of digital space
- Ability to take low-fidelity wireframes and turn them into pixel perfect visual designs
- Ability to interpret and extend existing brand and service guidelines in the context of new experiences
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes managing and responding to feedback
- Solid understanding of how design decisions impact scope and complexity of product development
- Be comfortable working on different project types including both ambiguous and clear scopes
- Fluency with common design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Sketch etc.)
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices for responsive web and mobile applications
- A unique personalized illustration style
- Experience with animation and motion design
- Experience designing enterprise apps
- Passion for designing in the health and wellness space
Competitive compensation including stock options. A health-oriented office culture. Medical, vision, and dental benefits. Flexible vacation time. Free lunches and snacks.
MORE ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform and health marketplace for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform, and a marketplace of programs and providers to offer on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions.
Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.