The right candidate will perform all traditional development tasks, participate in project planning, and be expected to lead the pursuit of innovation for the museum's current and future online experience. An appreciation for and history of collaboration across multiple teams in marketing and technology is a must.
- Lead overall vision for museum web and mobile product design and functionality
- Work with graphic designers to translate designs into functional internet applications, websites, and other browser-based tools
- Design and implement back-end enhancements to create new functionality, improve performance, and identify key metric points
- Develop elegant web solutions using responsive designs that perform appropriately in multiple browsers, platforms, and media types
- Create simple and complex web forms to collect data and store it in databases
- Consistently handle coding multiple projects in parallel in order to deliver for deadlines
- Create technical documentation and code comments based on industry standards
- Define and develop software unit tests and test plans based on business requirements
- Lead lifecycle projects and interface implementation
- Help design and build web-based admin tools
- Actively adapt to changing technology needs and frameworks to best serve the technical and business needs of the organization
- 4+ years of experience in both front- and back-end web development desired
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Profcient in Drupal site development including custom module development, contributed and core modules
- Experience developing interactive applications for web and mobile
- Profcient in HTML/CSS, and client-side scripting libraries. Understands what it takes to develop pixel-perfect HTML that is cross-browser and standards compliant and meets accessibility/disability requirements.
- Understands web trends, including third-party analytics, ad serving, and social media platform integration and the impact of the growth of mobile/tablet browsing.
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly Git, SQL, database management
- Experience with HTML email formatting a plus
- Experience with a formal deployment process
The Art Institute of Chicago is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Please apply online at: https://hrweb.artic.edu/recruit/applyjob.html
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.