Knowsy, a brand new digital media startup in downtown New York, is looking for a talented lead web designer with a passion for exceptional web design, UX, photography and video and an appreciation for the opportunities that social media and the increasingly mobile internet provide to distribute and experience short-format video content in new ways.
The ideal candidate will have the appetite to learn and collaborate with our video, edit and product teams and be someone who is constantly pursuing new ideas in web design and looking for ways to grow and experiment and create work that stands out.
The winning candidate will be a member of and work closely with our founding team as we prepare to launch and have the design chops necessary to help create, test, iterate and execute a successful suite of products across mobile web, app and desktop. The ideal candidate will have the interpersonal skills necessary to attract and manage an exceptional design team, and the expertise necessary to build beautiful and intuitive web and mobile experiences that can scale to tens of millions of users per month.
You need to love the start-up environment and be a motivated self-starter and problem solver who can lead, listen, collaborate, study, test and iterate.
- Create exceptional mobile and web products and features that are innovative, engaging and intuitive.
- Assist in defining product strategy and ensuring that we're addressing user and market needs as well as business and brand requirements.
- Concept new ways to continuously grow and improve user experience.
- Create user flows, wireframes and pixel perfect design comps as part of your design process.
- Leverage data, research and real-people testing to validate your ideas and designs.
- Work closely with team members to collaborate and transform ideas into exceptional designs and experiences that users will love.
- Iterate, iterate, iterate.
- A portfolio highlighting your mobile and web design skills.
- 2-3 years designing experiences for mobile, desktop and devices.
- An understanding and love for video content and a desire to obsessively study the users that consume it in order to build the absolute best product.
- Deep knowledge of successful mobile design patterns and guidelines for both Android and iOS.
- Experience with the entire mobile and web product development lifecycle: research, user testing, wire framing, prototyping, design, and an iterative build cycle.
- Extensive experience with user testing.
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and responsive web design.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast- paced and experimental environment.
- You have finely honed web design skills - you know what elements are needed to make a web product elegant, compelling, intuitive and shareable.
- You have a great web design sensibility, a keen eye for detail and love a beautiful product.
- You enjoy the process of collaborating, creating, testing and rapidly iterating.
- You are curious, flexible and motivated.
- You possess a strong internal desire to continually explore, challenge and improve your web design abilities and understanding.
- You can receive constructive criticism and learn from the feedback.
- You're a team player and enjoy contributing to group discussion.
- You like to create, laugh, have fun, and work hard.
We offer health benefits, generous vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options and the opportunity to work in a fun and fast-paced environment with talented, supportive and passionate people.