U.S. News & World Report is looking for a talented and imaginative Web Designer. He or she will primarily focus on designing concepts for branded content, but will also work on other custom ad formats, from display units, to interactives. In this position, this designer will work closely with the sales, marketing and dev teams to create beautiful, practical and functional content and ad experiences. Our new designer must have a keen, evolving eye for design, coupled with sensitivity to user needs and behaviors. Strong organizational and communication skills, plus attention to detail are imperative. Those who thrive with deadlines and multitasking are welcome. This person will report to the managing editor of branded content at U.S. News.
- Work hand-in-hand with the managing editor of branded content on compelling storytelling concepts from a visual perspective.
- Develop concepts for data visualization, infographics, art or motion graphics and assist in bringing them to life.
- Work with engineering counterparts as needed to clarify requirements and solve design challenges
- Create wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, specifications and other UI design documents
- Work with sales and marketing to create banner ads, microsites and other sales collateral
View 8 job postings at U.S. News & World Report
- Excellent graphic design skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- An online portfolio of your work
Why you want this job...
- Your work matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact on our bottom line and your opinions will help shape content and products used by those making crucial life choices every day.
- Variety. No two days working on sales materials are the same, and the opportunities to be creative, innovative and forward-thinking are legion.
- Great work environment. You will have talented co-workers to learn from and laugh with, you'll keep sane hours and have interesting projects to work on.
Work will be done on-site at either our Georgetown-area offices of Washington, DC, or in the New York office near Wall Street.
Compensation based on experience.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401(k) plan. Please submit a resume, cover letter and your portfolio to be considered.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.