The National Catholic Educational Association seeks a Webmaster to join its Marketing Communications Team in Arlington, Virginia. The position will be responsible for managing, maintaining and enhancing new website.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Webmaster will be responsible for managing, maintaining and enhancing NCEA's website. The webmaster will work alongside the Marketing Communications Team and interface with other service area teams as well as external vendors. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, hands-on, website developer with a strong technical and marketing background, leadership ability, and a proven track record to oversee web development platform.
- Oversee the development support for all NCEA online needs including but not limited to web pages, microsites, landing pages, database integration, and user experience and interaction
- Coordinate and maintain editorial calendar for website content
- Responsible for maintaining the web content management system, and managing the external vendors
- Initiate and manage web development and website design projects to meet marketing and business objectives and improve user experience
- Responsible for the continuous design and update of web graphics/imagery
- Manage SEO; optimize site for natural and paid search campaigns, including the creation and maintenance of landing pages
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Maintain inventory of all website Cloud servers, API bridges, and third-party systems
- Maintain responsive design of the website
- Lead the analysis, design, development, and testing of website enhancements, new development, maintenance, and debugging
- Troubleshoot and test website functionality and responsiveness; collaborate with IT and the member services team to manage and maintain back-up systems and recovery if required
- Coordinate with Director of Information Technology and website hosting provider to apply appropriate patches, upgrades, and security fixes
- Manage email marketing campaigns and promotions, including the creation, distribution, and platform. Facilitate planning, coordinate with staff, and produce timely reports on status and results for staff
- Stay current on industry trends - website design, layout, and platforms
- Provide regular Google Analytics updates to the Director of Marketing Communications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Website Design or Technical Discipline, preferred.
- 3-5 years of website development experience
- Strong experience with APIs and web services
- Knowledge of responsive design frameworks for web development
- Knowledge of database integration
- Strong design and UX/UI development skills
- Experience working with content management systems as a web development tool
- Experience with iMIS association management software a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server and database a plus
- Experience working with Photoshop and transferring Photoshop content to wireframes and design a plus
Please send the following electronically to Shannon Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is September 12, 2016.
- Cover letter of interest with salary requirements
- Resume or curriculum vitae
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.