Ticketfly is seeking a WordPress designer/developer to help further our mission of reimagining live events by producing amazing, custom, top-tier WordPress sites for our partners. We have developed over 600 Ticketfly-powered websites for venues, festivals and promoters throughout the United States and Canada, and we're building more every day.
As a top candidate for this role, you will have a passion for building innovative website experiences that change the game for fans of live events. You will develop sites for our clients, creating designs based on their brand, working independently and efficiently. You will interface internally with Ticketfly's Marketing, Product and Engineering teams to expand our WordPress themes and advance the overall Ticketfly-powered website platform. You will have extensive experience with end to end website development, from creating wireframes and mockups to site development and QA.
What you'll do
- Design and build best-in-class live event websites
- Build WordPress themes optimized for desktop and tablet devices
- Help maintain WordPress themes for internal and outside developers to expand upon
- Contribute to reusable code libraries that streamline the development process
- Document your methods and protocols, as well as coding in a clear, comprehensive and organized manner
- Provide input to help improve site architecture, layout and content
- Provide support for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of existing websites
- Create and update email templates for use with Ticketfly's integrated emailer
- Work with Product and Engineering to deliver enhancements to the Ticketfly-powered website platform to improve the customer experience and increase conversion
- 3+ years of professional experience in web design and development
- Knowledge of the best practices and limitations of web design (layout widths, typography, image optimization, etc.)
- Equally capable of building a WordPress theme that is true to a client-supplied mockup, as well as having the creative finesse to design sophisticated, brand-based themes at times when little visual direction is available
- Familiarity with PHP and jQuery Up to date with new CSS3 and HTML5 techniques
- Experience with responsive and mobile design techniques
- Experience de-bugging cross browser issues and troubleshooting WordPress themes and Multisite environments
- Experience with Photoshop and IllustratorAbility to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
This sure is good too
- Experience with Subversion or Github
- Experience with bug tracking and project management software like Jira, Basecamp or Salesforce
- Experience creating HTML email templates
Please submit, along with your resume, URLs of web projects you've worked on with descriptions of your specific contributions to each project, as well as an online portfolio of your work.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.