John McNeil Studio is looking for a Writer to join our team in Berkeley, CA. Our studio believes in the power of ideas to make brands grow. We are a collection of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers. As a collective we help companies tell compelling stories through communications. We work with brands but aren't bound by them, love digital but still believe in print and are founded in aesthetics but also in utility. We make things. We build brands.
We strongly believe that every project we take on represents an opportunity to build a brand. Whether the project is big (a global campaign theme) or relatively small (an online banner), we need a writer who consistently delivers sound strategic thinking in the form of powerfully expressed creative messages that maximize and explore the possibilities offered by today's changing media landscape.
- Write compelling and effective campaign concepts, themes, taglines, and scripts.
- Brainstorm, concept and collaborate with creative team, including other copywriters, designers, art directors, strategists, producers and programmers.
- Collaborate with project managers and creative directors on project needs, deliverables and timelines.
- Bring a positive, inquisitive attitude to every assignment, recognizing it as an opportunity to build a brand and demonstrate your talents as a creative thinker.
- 3+ years professional writing experience in an advertising or interactive agency.
- Proven writing skills in a variety of mediums, including long-form narratives -- experience with SEO and tagging, a plus.
- Eager, fast learner in matters of agency process, client protocol and product technology.
- Ability to take initiative with assignments and independently find the answers needed to proceed with an assignment.
- Ability to think creatively and write creatively for tech and other industries.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Zealous adherence to deadlines, even the ridiculous ones.
To apply, please visit https://johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37&source=krop and send samples of your very best work, including a resume and cover letter. This is a full-time position which includes a generous benefits package including healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k. No phone calls about the job. Due to the number of applicants, we will not respond to each email.
To apply, please visit https://johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37&source=krop and send samples of your very best work, including a resume and cover letter. This is a full-time position which includes a generous benefits package including h
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.