Versatile designer with experience in publishing, print collateral, business identity, advertising and multimedia. Strengths include a love for typography, strong design aesthetic and copywriting. Enjoys working in small teams, communicating with clients, grasping their needs and creating effective results. Believes in social responsibility and encourages green design solutions.
- owner | graphic designer | art director
- portland, oregon
Jan 2003 - Present
- annie van design
- Design of business identities and print collateral using CS3 and QuarkXPress. Job description includes art direction, copywriting, typography, illustration, layout and design.
Work with Wind River Publishing including construction and design of Skamania County Visitor’s Guide; a 48 page, full color magazine, editions: 2006/2007/2008/2009.
Hotel directory production for Bonneville Hot Springs Resort, Skamania Lodge and Hood River Hotel.
Services involve ad design, copywriting, proof reading, editing, image adjustment, file organization and archiving. Press-ready files sent through FTP and press checks performed.
Production, design and publishing of parent profile booklets for adoptive parents.
- graphic design | writer | photographer
- hood river, oregon
Jan 2004 - Mar 2005
- columbia gorge magazine
- Contributing writer, photographer and production of monthly pet page, as well as on-call graphic design and layout assistant.
- aas : integrated media | graphic design
- gresham, oregon
Sep 2007 - Jun 2009
- mt. hood community college
- Studies included typography, editorial design, corportate identity, packaging design, multimedia projects and presentations, web site design, flash, illustrations, posters, brochures and magazines. Projects were completed individually as well as with teams of co-designers and integrated media students.