Position: Apparel Design Director
Status: Full Time
Estimated Duration: Ongoing
Starts: Within a Couple Weeks
Rate: Up to $190,000 DOE
Job Description: Our New York- based client is seeking a full-time Apparel Design Director.
As an Apparel Design Director, your primary responsibilities will be to collaborate with the Creative Director and Director of Technical Design to drive business profitability and create new, seasonal trends. The Apparel Design Director will act as the bridge between the conceptual side of apparel design and technical implementation to ensure business profitability/growth.
* Apparel design with intimates, athletic wear, jeans, swim wear, and/or other body-fitting clothing
* Knowledge of selling apparel across multiple channels and how best to position the product across each channel
* Experience working with big brands and selling to multiple brands and/or wholesale brands (department stores, chains, etc.)
* Expertise in design, product development, pattern making, and how a product will effect business growth
* Sees value in fitting designs to a body vs. a mannequin
* White Space Mapping: knowledge of selling to millennials and Gen X to ensure future business growth
* Reports to the Merchandising and Design VP
* Partner alongside the Creative Director (who is responsible for design + vision) for all design strategy and planning, then ensure they're
* Collaborate with the Director of Technical Design to ensure proper implementation
* The team spans across New York, Wisconsin, and Asia, therefore, comfort ability with communication and collaboration across Skype and other remote methods to ensure team alignment.
Why you should apply: This position is a wonderful opportunity to not only represent a large brand, but work in a family-like environment. After an initial conversation with this client, it was very apparent that the team not only supports each other in initiatives, but collaborates very well together and genuinely enjoys coming in to work every day.
* Relocation to New York City provided.
* Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, 401k, educational support programs
* Gym membership discounts/reimbursement
* Company employee discounts
* Volunteer program
Additional position details:
* Travel: Asia (1-2x /year), Wisconsin bimonthly or every other month depending on the season
* Salary + yearly bonus based on profitability
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to: View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.
Salary: Up to US$190000 per year
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.