Based in San Francisco, Brandless is a fresh approach to consumer commerce. Our mission is deeply rooted in quality, transparency, and community-driven values. Starting with everyday essentials, the things we use all the time, Brandless will make it possible for everyone to have access to better stuff for fewer dollars.
Brandless is co-founded by Tina Sharkey and Ido Leffler and is slated to launch in the spring of 2017. We hope you'll join us.
- Serve as a standard bearer for Brandless's visual identity
- Work closely with the Head of Creative Services to implement a cohesive visual style across multiple channels
- Translate creative briefing documents into visual design concepts; confidently present creative concepts and rationales to team for feedback, iterate and refine for approval
- Participate in assignments from concept to production, making rounds of corrections, creating comps as needed, making suggestions to enhance design and improve quality of our product, site, and marketing materials for all channels
- Assist merchandising team in creating packaging mockups that scale across sizes, SKUs, and materials while adhering to our packaging style guide.
- Select pantones for each new SKU consistent with our brand identity
- Review proofs and check for errors in all designs before the project is sent for final approval or print/publishing
- Manage approval timelines to ensure marketing deadlines and standards/requirements are met
- Ensure that final files are in the appropriate format; properly managed and inventoried in an organized fashion within our content management system, and given to the appropriate teams.
- Develop, iterate on, and execute a system for the internal team to use to request graphic design work and be able to effectively prioritize many tasks at once
- Grow, hire and manage a team of designers
- Manage and guide outside vendors and agencies to keep Brandless identity consistent and on message
- 5-7 years experience as an art director with heavy graphic design experience for a consumer brand or at an creative agency working on consumer facing brands
- Full fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, Indesign, and Sketch
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- A strong, clean visual design sense and an ability to adhere to branding style guidelines
- Ability to work independently and lead a growing team, take initiative, receive and follow instructions and take constructive feedback, and volunteer ideas and solutions
- Ready to do it all - we're a startup that needs your help both in creating and leading as we scale
- Experiencing working in eCommerce, retail, or CPG industries a plus
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.