Rooted in the guiding principles of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, the George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today's most pressing challenges. The Bush Center is home to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, and the George W. Bush Institute, the non-partisan, public-policy arm of the Bush Center. The Bush Center is located on the campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas, and also includes a 15-acre park, a full-service restaurant, Caf 43, and a museum store.
Housed within the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the George W. Bush Institute is an action-oriented, nonpartisan policy organization with the mission of cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today's most pressing challenges. It raises current and thought-provoking issues and builds programs to address the challenges facing our nation and our world. The work of the Bush Institute is inspired by the principles that guided the Bushes in public life: education is the foundation of a successful life; freedom is a universal human desire; free enterprise is the engine of economic prosperity; and every human life is precious.
Associate, Digital Design and Development
The Associate of Digital Design and Development on the External Affairs team will engage in various projects across the breadth of the Bush Center while executing marketing and communication strategies across the Bush Center's digital platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker that is always looking for innovative methods to present the mission of the Bush Center.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Managing digital projects, both in-house and through external vendors, and ensuring high quality, innovative, and on-time delivery of all projects
- Reporting on the progress of projects to key stakeholders
- Collaborating with other members of the External Affairs team and the organization at large to ensure website content is always up to date and well-presented
- Implementing error-free copy into designs
- Sending high-quality email marketing to targeted audiences, including production of weekly email campaign, event invitations, and other initiatives.
- Clearly communicating, using data, the effectiveness of executed campaigns and using that data to improve future projects.
Web/Email Development Responsibilities
- Creation of HTML for email marketing using industry standard tactics and frameworks
- Creation of accessible, responsive online experiences using modern best practices
- Email marketing design for Bush Center email communications
- Graphic design - including but not limited to infographics, data communication, and promotional work -- for social media platforms, in-person digital screens, and alongside web activities, such as accompanying Catalyst: Journal of Ideas from the Bush Institute and website articles
- Front end web design for Bush Center properties
- Design of Power Point and presentation slides
General External Affairs Activities
- Provide assistance for special projects within the External Affairs department, as needed and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1 year of similar experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite applications, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Advanced knowledge of modern web and coding practices, including Git code management; accessible, responsive HTML/CSS/JS; on-page SEO; and usage of frameworks.
- Knowledge of modern email marketing practices, including frameworks and delivery rates
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and the ability to derive recommendations from data.
- Familiarity with Angular JS, Jekyll, Drupal, and LAMP stack a plus.
- Familiarity with image best practices on Facebook Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to maintain regular, dependable attendance at the office in Dallas, Texas.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the Bush Center.
In addition, the candidate for this position will demonstrate:
- Creative thinking and a strong eye for clean, interesting, elegant design that maintains brand identity and meets organizational standards.
- Commitment to staying abreast of new developments in the industry, and a penchant for discovering interesting new creations.
- An ability to balance demands of multiple priorities, including planning, executing, and tracking results.
- Strong organizational skills, with great attention to detail and follow-through.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in addition to the ability to communicate across multiple formats.
- An ability to study data, explain the meaning to colleagues, and create actionable recommendations from the data.
- A good attitude, strong work ethic, and collaborative working style.
- A proven ability to thrive in a team-based environment - sharing duties, pitching in to help, and building trust.
- Sound judgement and high levels of professional ethics and ability to work with discretion and maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Courteous and professional demeanor within an office environment.
Position: Associate, Digital Design and Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Deputy Director
Department: External Affairs
Please visit our website, www.bushcenter.org, click on the "About" tab, and then "Careers" to be redirected to our career site. You will fill out an application by clicking on the position name and following the instructions from there.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.