Associate Graphic Designer (full-time)
External Relations & Communications
Based in Washington,DC
Reports to the Creative Manager
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible - bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 "PSI'ers" around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI's External Relations & Communications department positions PSI as a thought-leader and development NGO of the future. We nurture strategic relationships with donors and partners, support internal and in-country teams with external relations and raise unrestricted funds for PSI. We work hard and laugh a lot together.
Reporting directly to the Creative Manager, the Associate Designer will support creative strategy by executing visual designs that inspire, inform and capitvate our auidences. You will interact with a number of internal stakeholders at various levels across PSI and work with the Creative Manager to create multimedia, digital and print assets. We are looking for a versatile designer with a "solution oriented" effervescent personality that thrives in deadline driven eviorment while remaining organized and detail-oriented.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Associate Graphic Designer position will support ERC with all of its creative communication needs. That includes but is not limited to, the following:
Design execution and creative development of individual projects:
- Addresses both the general brand standards and the specific requirements of the project to design timely, cost appropriate and effective communication tools through the correct usage of typography, photography and multimedia techniques
- Coordinates with Creative Manager to insure the priority and timeliness of all projects
- Understands and communicates the production needs and requirements of all projects when handing them off to internal clients. This includes paper and printing requirements, costs, file preparation, and color separation
- Works closely with communications team and internal stakeholders to support creative strategy and ensure key messaging is communicated in work
- Executes graphic design projects
- Maintains relationships with outside vendors and internal stakeholders
- Attends meetings for creative development and design input or presentations
- Reports on project status
Supports overall visual brand standard requirements:
- Working under the Creative Manager's direction, the Associate designer would communicate and maintain documentation of all graphic standards and design principles for assigned brands
- On individual projects, assures consistent and correct usage of all graphic and photographic standards
- Sets competitive benchmarking as input for development of brand standard requirements
What are we looking for?
Education + Experience
- Minimum Education Required: BA in graphic design or related field
- Minimum Job-Related Experience Required: 4+ years creative development, production, in-house creative services department or print production provider as a designer
Knowledge, Skills + Abilities
- Well rounded portfolio that demonstrates a proven ability to develop original concepts
- Must be a creative, conceptual thinker
- Aligns with PSI's mission and goals
- Must demonstrate ability to understand target audience requirements and translate into effective communication pieces
- Is an articulate presenter who can deliver engaging and persuasive creative presentation
- Must have an extensive knowledge in the use of computer for graphic design, including thorough knowledge of software such as InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for completing print design projects (HTML/CSS is a nice to have!)
- Must display an interest in independently and constantly keeping current on the design trends in graphic design
- Must keep current with new trends, methods and technologies related to the graphics field and incorporate these concepts into the formulation of improved and competitive graphics
- Thorough knowledge of design and design concepts
- Must display good communication and team-oriented/collaborative skills
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5x2nkrfpybrv9g4f
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.