Boll and Branch is looking for an amazing Copy Director to join our growing in-house marketing team.
We are looking for someone with a talent for writing copy that compels people to act. Our perfect candidate has a limitless imagination, diverse writing style, and a keen eye for detail. This person is agile, organized, eager to act as a player and coach. They can guide with expertise while encouraging collaboration and new ideas.
This role will be a critical function of the marketing team and contribute to the evolution of our brand voice across all channels, including email, social media, digital display, web, brand initiatives, packaging and long-form content to name a few. We are looking for a strong leader with a vision for our brand and the confidence to execute. There is also the opportunity to grow the team as the company scales.
- Own all key messaging moments and contribute to the development of the brand strategy
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to maintain consistent brand messaging, voice, and tone across all communication channels and products
- Partner with PR to align on key talking points and positioning of the brand to the press
- Develop new ideas for the blog based on brand, product and seasonal moments, to ensure the right balance of content engages, informs, and strengthens SEO.
- Partner closely with our in-house Art Director to develop new concepts, reimagine ways we present and communicate our brand, product and mission
- Guide, and provide feedback to agency partners and strike the perfect balance between brand and performance creative
- Source and manage freelancers as needed
- 6+ years experience in a copywriting role, preferably at an agency or in-house creative team environment with experience managing others
- A well-written cover letter (this is your writing sample, make us love you!)
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment, producing high-quality work at a rapid pace
- Passion for our brand and mission
- Ability to craft a compelling story and sell an idea
- Ability to execute on marketing briefs, delivering exceptional copy for all channels that align with the brand voice and communicates our brand differentiation
- Experience with SEO and writing for multiple channels including print ads, radio/TV, out-of-home, direct mail, social media, email, blog, digital and display ads, e-commerce websites, branding materials, and packaging
- Ability to balance larger concepts and vision with daily executional tasks
- Experience in home goods, beauty, or fashion a plus
- Competitive salary
- Beautiful and inspiring office with pre-paid parking
- Mass transit commuting benefits
- Comprehensive medical benefits including health, vision and dental
- Optional 401K
- Wellness Programs
- Delicious and healthy drinks and snacks
A bit about the Boll & Branch culture...
Boll & Branch is located in beautiful Summit, NJ - a quick train ride from Penn Station in New York City or Hoboken. We value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy. We're an economically sound business that is motivated by measures beyond the bottom-line. We work hard because we love what we're doing and why we're doing it. We care deeply about the Boll & Branch brand and feel incredibly committed to the business we're building and the positive change we are making in the world. We have a special, open-culture which realizes the best ideas can come from anyone at any level.
If Boll & Branch sounds like the type of company you'd love to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
Submit your application via the link on this page and please make sure to include a resume and cover letter with salary expectations. Be sure to explain your unique story and how you can contribute to our success. Please, no phone calls, no recruitment agencies, and no relocations.
The Boll & Branch Hiring Process
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously - we hope you will too. Successful candidates put ample time into their application, including writing a compelling cover letter that explains why Boll & Branch interests you. Interviewing with Boll & Branch may include video and phone interviews, writing or project samples and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Boll & Branch LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please, no phone-calls, recruiters, staffing agencies.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.