Position: Copy Editor
Location: South Bay
Status: Freelance (40 hours a week)
Estimated Duration: 6 Months
Starts: Within a Couple Weeks
Rate: Up to $40/hr
One of the HOTTEST companies in the Bay Area is seeking a Copy Editor to assist their team.
- edit and proofread print and interactive communications, including retail marketing, collateral, signage, direct mail, social media, internal stories, and event keynotes, among other deliverables.
- work closely with writers and other teams to maintain the highest possible standards and ensure clarity and accuracy in Retail Marketing communications in the U.S. and around the world.
- review projects at all stages of the design and production process, from copy development to layout to final proof, testing, and post-production.
- work across a complex matrix of stakeholders.
- 5+ years' experience editing communications, working at a publication, advertising agency, or in-house creative environment
- Solid understanding and grounding in U.S. English style, usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Familiar with standard style and usage guides, including The Chicago Manual of Style
- Extensive proofreading and editorial experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team and thrive under pressure
This Copy Editor role is an onsite freelance opportunity 40 hours per week in Cupertino - accessible via company shuttle.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.