It is the primary responsibility of the Copywriter to provide for multiple departments strategic and conceptual copywriting and ideas for branding, advertising, TV and radio for all property brands and sub-brands. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Write conceptual marketing copy on individual pieces and campaigns for varied media.
- Collaborate with multiple creative positions, Account Services and clients to generate creative concepts and solutions that meet client marketing initiatives, global trends and company positioning.
- Efficiently handle high-volume workload, communicate project status, and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Be an active participant in and/or lead creative brainstorming sessions.
- Be fully knowledgeable of property brands and sub-brands within each property.
- Interface with internal departments and clients, both at the initiation and presentation of high-profile or complex projects.
- Stay current in trends across all media.
- Manage high-volume workload and meet project deadlines as assigned.
- Monitor and ensure property brands and sub-brands are maintained.
- Review all client revisions for accuracy.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Fully understand department processes and procedures.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- 2 or 4 year degree in English, Journalism, Communications, PR, Advertising, or Marketing.
- At least 4 years of experience in creative copywriting in an agency, in-house or freelance.
- Experience writing for multiple brands in a high-volume environment.
- Portfolio is required; must complete a creative conceptual copywriting test within a specific time frame.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.