Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.
You will be responsible for the delivery of original photo+video content. Your core goal it to ensure that produced content fits creative vision, goals and strategy of Pexels, is of the highest quality and delivered to the agreed budget. You take full responsibility for the production and logistics of photo and video shoots including negotiations and close collaboration with individual content creators across the globe.
You will join a fast growing, highly motivated and project driven team that sources, produces and distributes photo and video content, driven by the needs of people from all over the world, globally and locally, developing original and fresh ideas that are inspirational, trendy, highly-usable and engaging for Pexels audience.
What you will do
- Come up with and manage creative shoot briefs.
- Manage the content budget within the overall annual budget.
- Negotiate fees for all freelance contributors for shoot projects.
- Create and coordinate production estimates and budgets for each project in collaboration with individual freelancers.
- Evaluate upcoming briefs critically, optimise production across multiple creative requests where needed and troubleshoot ideas to help ensure projects are achievable.
- Develop relationships and maintain smooth two-way communication with creators.
- Work closely with the Content and Curation Team at Pexels, supporting and building upon the company vision to help bring to life the briefs provided by stakeholders.
- Assess briefs provided by stakeholders to confirm objectives, budget and timelines for shoot projects before beginning production
- Coordinate the production schedule of each photo and/or video project including pre-production and post-production.
- Oversee all suppliers to ensure execution of requirements as well as tracking of expenses, invoices and legal documents.
- Stay abreast of creative talent and emerging trends within the industry globally, provide the team and community with quarterly global and local trend reports.
- Help creators where needed to seek the best possible execution of a given narrative and mood board, if necessary going on locations to support the creative team locally.
- Ensure planning of all shoots is completed in advance of the shoot date, giving the creative team plenty of time to develop a strong shoot narrative with the right talent.
- Proactively think of new ideas for on-brand stories.
- You have a natural, well trained eye for beauty.
- You know how to execute on ideas well and don't settle for anything less than excellence.
- You are driven by the creative process, possess a deep passion for the world of photography, video and arts.
- You easily pick up on emerging trends in creative fields (photo, video, design), you understand how they work and you know how to incorporate them into shoot briefs.
- 3+ years of experience as a photographer/videographer/producer organising and producing shoots.
The best free stock photos and videos in one place.
Pexels is one of the biggest, most loved and fastest growing photo communities in the world. We give talented photographers a huge audience and help millions of creators to easily create beautiful products and designs. We are the fourth most upvoted product on Product Hunt ever (We've actually been #1 for a long time :) ). Among our millions of users are people from the greatest brands and companies in the world like Forbes, Buzzfeed and Facebook.
What we offer
- Work on productions that are used by millions of people and that are well known in the industry.
- An environment to have huge impact on our company, the product and our users.
- Competitive compensation.
- A small, flexible and very effective team.
- We are a German company but our team is fully remote and spread around the globe. We have team members in Canada, the US, the UK, Brazil, Germany, Australia, Uruguay, Russia, Hungary and France.
- Regular team retreats. Our last team retreat was in San Diego.
This is a full time remote opportunity.