Pop Art is seeking an experienced Creative/UX Director to join our growing team.
We are looking for a Creative/UX Director to build Pop Art's creative team and up-level our UX/UI capabilities to over-delight our clients, while growing our brand presence in the market.
We seek a Director who possesses strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences for complex, enterprise-grade software applications.
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies with proven results in product usability/ease of use, and responsive design experience.
This role requires a lot of hands-on work and a "roll-up-the-sleeves" mentality.
This hybrid position reports directly to the CEO.
- Willingness to dig in and get hands dirty on everything from quick changes for a client to high-level design guidelines
- Ability to use all the tools, not just hire people to do it (although that's important, too)
- Source and direct contract resources to create amazing, influential and impactful work
- Build a solid bench of contract resources and lay the foundation for hiring and managing a growing in-house creative department
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent (including freelancers)
- Foster progressive thinking and pushing of boundaries
- Create and manage original, persuasive, visually compelling design work
- Understand overall business strategy and consumer goals
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to develop and execute interactive design and visual design.
- Consult and work on-site with clients, as part of a cross-functional agile team, to understand and interpret unique business needs as they apply to user experience and interface design. Document requirements during sprint planning meetings and produce annotated wireframes for client approval. Participate in daily stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application to application/product development and client engagements
- Conduct competitive analysis for product design, documenting competitive functions and features
- Lead the design of application user interface, and provide team design oversight to ensure consistent experience
- Rapidly develop working prototypes to communicate with key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with project managers to ensure on-time, on-budget, quality deliverables
- Collaborate with software developers and lead architect and participate in user interface reviews to ensure implementation meets design standards
Minimum Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in the senior UX design role for software and web applications
- A "stands out from the rest" portfolio of work relevant to Pop Art's existing and future direction as a leader in the manufacturing industry for both cross-platform mobile apps and SaaS. Can you show us your thought process from thumbnails to final output in application design?
- Experience developing digital experiences, with understanding of UX best practices
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and experience presenting creative vision and recommendations to clients. Can you tell us a story of winning over a hard-to-please-and-aesthetically-challenged client?
- Strong knowledge and/or personal use of social media platforms (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr), with an understanding of how brands can leverage each. Bonus if you share some of your personal favorite tweets or posts!
- Strong conceptualization ability, visual communication ability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
- Exceptional communications skills, combined with the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines, and advanced skills in proactively identifying issues and solutions
Additional (Preferred) Skills and Experience
- SaaS product experience
- Experience in a ACD or CD role
- Ability to provide leadership in developing business strategies for new and existing clients that lead to revenue growth
- Demonstrated expertise in user experience design and prototyping for software applications
- Ability to facilitate technical decision-making, both independently and in coordination with a client
- An excellent sense of copy within design, copywriting skills, type and design Can you show us a style guide you created that became the client's bible?
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap.
Why Pop Art?
We admire companies that live by a set of values, that know their north star. Our seven values guide us every day:
1. RESULTS: "Begin with the end in mind; pursue the mission/goal/objective with determination, clarity and focus"
2. SELF-DISCIPLINE: "Commit thoughtfully and follow-through tenaciously"
3. TRUTH: "Face facts, speak plainly, and embrace conflict"
4. AUTONOMY: "Seek and earn more responsibility"
5. RESPECT: "Treat others as they want to be treated"
6. TEAM: "Make others around you better and let them make you better"
7. GROWTH: "Strive to be more than you are today"
Some other reasons to consider joining our team:
- In 2016 (and five times previously) Pop Art was named one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine
- Our CEO believes that our most important asset is the energy and enthusiasm of our team
- We like collaborative problem-solving. Our team is cohesive and low-ego. We regularly have team celebrations and company events. Not to mention it's a company where management remembers your birthday. And there's beer on tap.
- Creative office environment located at the heart of the burgeoning Burnside Bridgehead
- Abundant, effectively limitless opportunities for skill development and professional growth
- Pop Art is committed to maintaining a positive work environment full of great people who live the core values
In addition to competitive compensation, company benefits include:
- Medical (including an HSA option), Dental and Flexible Spending Account
- Company-paid ongoing training and personal development opportunities
- Paid holidays (10)
- Paid time off (3 weeks to start)
- 401(k) match / profit-sharing
Apply now to become Pop Art's next Creative/UX Director!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
A background check is required for this position.
Apply now to become Pop Art’s next Creative/UX Director: https://popart.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=16
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.