The Future Project
The Future Project is building a movement to transform schools across the country into places that unlock the passion and purpose of everyone inside them. For the past five years, we have accomplished this by inventing a new role in the American high school: the Dream Director. Dream Directors are coaches, social entrepreneurs, and organizers who work to inspire passion in every young person within the school, specifically by coaching students to launch transformative Future Projects that incite culture change and positive student achievement.
Over five years, The Future Project has become one of the fastest growing organizations within the American education sector, raising over $15m in capital and reaching over 30,000 young people across eleven American cities.
About the role The Curriculum Designer is tasked with designing and creating curricula and tools for our team of 50+ Dream Directors to use in high schools across the country. The Curriculum Designer will work across our Innovation Team, encompassing our team of resident designers, our research and evaluation team, and our training team, to collaboratively design, build, and facilitate an ongoing curriculum used to train our team of Dream Directors to execute our model in high schools. This individual will work throughout the year to design and facilitate modular learning experiences, instructional manuals, and other tools to be used by our students and Dream Directors alike.
For this role, we are seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years of curriculum design experience, specifically for innovative programs that work in schools and other educational environments
- Significant understanding of and interaction with different models of learning
- Strong ability to create, develop, and share learning content using learning management systems
- Significant experience using digital illustration tools (PhotoShop, Animation, Illustrator, Adobe Suite,etc.) to create original training content
- Demonstrated ability to translate information into compelling and elegant visual imagery
- Significant experience in building and evaluating training modules for individuals and teams
- Significant experience in data analysis and program evaluation
- Significant experience in engaging young people and educators, and preferably designing programs with and for these customers
A candidate ideal for this role is:
- A highly adaptable team-player who rapidly picks up on elements of organization's strategy and team culture
- Able to follow and strategically build upon the visual language of our brand
- Cognizant of best design practices and usability
- Able to create audience-centric solutions and test designs with core users
- Ability to translate information into compelling and elegant visual imagery
- A compelling trainer who is able to rapidly build and deliver training to adult or young participants and evaluate success
- A dynamic facilitator, capable of breaking down complex ideas into digestible trainings in an interactive and exciting way
- An exuberant collaborator, excited to work across verticals to design and iterate on ideas
- Dynamic listener, capable of rapidly learning and relearning, distilling insights into concrete ideas
Applications close at 11:55pm on October 15. This applicant will likely start on our team by November 20.
Apply online today at http://thefutureproject.applytojob.com/apply/V1eC88MbHh/Curriculum-Designer
The Future Project is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, or gender.
Apply at http://thefutureproject.applytojob.com/apply/V1eC88MbHh/Curriculum-Designer. Applications are due October 15
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.