Great Dane is hiring for a Customer Experience Director at our Savannah, Georgia Division office.
This position will design, lead and activate the Customer Excellence program across the organization. The role will be responsible for bringing new thinking and discipline into the ways the company engages with customers and employees. It will also be responsible for continuous improvement and evolution of the Customer Excellence strategy, processes, roadmap, communications, and promoting the program across the organization.
View 3 job postings at Great Dane
- Provide overall leadership of the customer experience through development and execution of current and future strategic plans.
- Be the evangelist for the company and asset to the right layers of management across the organization to ensure customer experience is top of mind.
- Be the voice of the customer for the business and the advocate of greater customer satisfaction.
- Create and execute processes to identify general themes, measure, prioritize actions and improve customer experience.
- Drive the operating rhythm and ensure that experience action team meets regularly to develop and monitor plans.
- Oversee development of communication plan to support program objectives. Communicate key internal themes and activities and supply metrics and evidence of progress as input to external activities.
- Be the voice of the employee for the business and use inputs to drive employee engagement initiatives and involvement.
- Develop and track key metrics to measure customer experience and employee engagement in a meaningful way that connects efforts to revenue performance.
- Drive new thinking to improve customer experience, leveraging existing knowledge, experience and business needs. Introduce processes and tools to deliver winning results for customers and help drive the business.
- Teach and evangelize the Customer Excellence strategy and its benefits to business teams.
- Work in conjunction with the Customer Experience & Insights teams to ensure that all relevant insights are incorporated into the customer experience plan and available to the business action planning process.
- Synthesize multiple data points and research inputs to develop conclusions and actionable recommendations.
- Leverage technology to integrate customer feedback into closed loop process.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Command Skills: Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn't afraid to end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficlut problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops scheduled and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measure performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related discipline (e.g., Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline). Master's degree with business design or marketing emphasis preferred
- Years of Experience: 7-10+ years of relevant work experience of designing and implementing customer experience programs
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills. Ability to collaborate with internal cross-departmental teams to drive solutions and manage executive level relationships
- Strong analytical, technical and project planning and management skills
- Recognized as having outstanding creative, sales, collaborative, organizational and problem solving abilities
- Experience working effectively within a matrix, mission oriented and diverse business environment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
- Work environment: The noise level in the office environment is usually minimal to moderate.
- Travel: Moderate to high level of travel may be required
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k and pension.
A favorable background screening, Drug Screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @greatdanetrailers.com Please send a detailed resume and cover letter.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.