Clickspring Design is an award winning design firm based in New York City and Austin. Our international creative practice is collaborative and multidisciplinary, supported by a bright and shiny (occasionally irreverent) team of designers, artists, architects, and communication specialists.
Under supervision of the Vice President of Design, the Design Director is responsible, in collaboration with team members, for creating, developing, and documenting award-winning, creative design solutions. The Design Director will be the first point of contact for the President, Vice Presidents of Design, and the Senior Design Directors. The role is responsible for timely creation, production and distribution of the design visualization work necessary to move projects through concept design phase and into the design development phase. The position requires ongoing awareness of project status, best professional practices, and managing project workflow in concert with fellow Design Directors and other team members.
Primary Job Functions:
- Contribute to the project research and creative inspiration that leads to innovative design solutions
- Follow and support design direction from the assigned project lead, while also contributing insights, ideas, and detailed design solutions.
- Lead 3D visualization of concepts from initial massing models through finished renderings.
- Guide and direct the production of final presentation documents.
- Clean and transfer the final approved 3D model to drafts people and aid the Vice President, Director of Operations, President and Project Manager in communicating intent to the drafting team
- Periodically review the progress of design drafting and documentation to confirm that it is in alignment with the intent of the design concept.
- Identify appropriate materials, finishes, furniture, and equipment that support the final design concept
- Produce graphic comps and as needed for final production files for large scale printed graphics
Secondary Job Functions:
- Provide mentoring of more junior talent and peers, by active participation in problem-solving and knowledge sharing
- Create animations, fly-throughs, and VR visualizations to support our project presentations
- With the Project Manager, maintain project folders and related design resources
- Support the Director of Operations, Project Managers, Senior Design Directors, and Vice Presidents of Design in clarifying design intent during drafting and red-lining process
- Support the Director of Operations, Project Managers, Senior Design Directors, and Vice Presidents of Design in planning concept phase shedules and project milestones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of materials and methods of construction
- High proficiency with 3D modeling, particularly Cinema 4D (preferred but not required)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Word and Excel
- High proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign
- Ability to read and comprehend building plans, shop drawings, and construction documents
- Ability to understand and interpret design direction
- Highest standards for performance and professional behavior
- Encourage and participate in a "just ask if you don't know" approach to problem prevention
- Ability to work quickly in sketch or quicky study scenarios, as well as methodically in highly detailed, finished visualizations.
- Start of day punctuality, and maintain responsibility for meeting challenging deadlines, that may occasionally require work after 6:00pm or on weekends
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "Design Director" in the email subject line.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.