Freeman's Design department consists of creative, detailing,
floor planning and design management. The Design Producer is both
an internal and external facing role that is responsible for
driving the design process and overseeing the creative team during
the pre-production phases of work.
This position is responsible for implementing processes across a
wide range of project types including virtual and live events,
(e.g. conventions, conferences or trade shows) and spans across all
aspects of design from initial project scoping, to defining
schedules and maintaining team communication through debrief and
- Responsible for overall project management for the design team
on select Tier 1 projects, accounts and/or portfolios.
- Establishes and drives creative design milestones, timelines
and project plans in support of the production schedule.
- Collaborates with Growth leads to determine the scope of work
for the design team, estimated number of hours per resource and
- Organizes and faciliates inter-departmental project team
- Establishes internal and external meeting cadences for the
- Leverages Freeman's project management tool to build project
plans and continuously update those plans over the course of the
project to reflect changes in scope, resources and/or schedule.
- Ensures timely and complete handoff to Freeman's Delivery
- Tracks the amount of design time spent and monitors net new
client requests to ensure the project stays within budget.
- Facilitates and monitors communication between Freeman
- Collaborates with Freeman's Design Resource Managers to align
talent and availability to the needs and scope of the project.
- Assigns and manages the internal and external design resources
assigned to their projects.
- Participates in strategic development of innovative ways to
meet customer requirements and grow existing accounts.
- In conjunction with Growth, Design and Delivery, develops
relationships with clients that position Freeman as a strategic
partner and advisor.
- Has a role in maintaining multimillion dollar client
relationship(s) with the responsibility for budget and profit
management, client satisfaction, prioritization of all deliverables
and ensuring quality of work.
- Strives to innovate process and procedures which improve event
success, efficiency and all the while reducing costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Related degree from a four-year accredited college or
university is preferred, but not required.
- 3 to 6 years experience in a project management role
perferrably in live events or brand experience industry.
- Has extensive experience managing creative teams on complex,
multifaceted projects for high-profile and/or Fortune 500 clients
across the live and/or virtual events spectrum.
- Experience with various projects types, including live event,
consumer marketing, web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic
- Must have strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Must have the ability to think quickly under pressure, as well
as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible
- Excellent problem solving and challenge resolution skills.
- Diplomacy & tact in challenging situations and in dealing
with many personality types and working styles.
- Proven leadership, team-building, and customer service
- Proven computer skills in all MS Office programs.
- Expertise in Workfront is preferred, but not required.