John McNeil Studio is looking for a Designer to join our team in Berkeley. We are a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians, and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow.
As a Designer, you will be creating, implementing, and maintaining content for external and internal websites, campaigns and presentations. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about design and technology as they are talented, and be excited to collaborate on a daily basis with a team of energetic, hard-working colleagues in an open office environment. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate their ideas to writers, product managers, developers, other designers, and clients.
- Help translate complex ideas into elegant, intuitive designs.
- Design, produce and update both internal and external presentations in PowerPoint.
- Work on a variety of projects including creating web graphics, animations, user interfaces, icons, templates and layouts for use in presentations, web projects, print, social media, and online campaigns.
- Work with art directors, UX-designers, writers and developers to ensure brand consistency across a myriad of digital properties.
- Push innovation both aesthetically and technologically.
- Generate useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms.
- Step in on additional, day-to-day design assignments as they arise.
- 2+ years of experience in an agency setting.
- The ability to effectively communicate ideas, detailed design, and design rationale.
- Professional desire to deliver quality design at high volume, often under tight deadlines, with minimal handholding.
- Passion for web development, usability, design, layout and typography principles.
- Must have experience, skill and efficiency in PowerPoint.
- Solid working knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Mac OS, etc.
- Crave a fast-moving agency environment.
- BA in Design or other relevant major.
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package including healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k. To apply, please visit https://johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=70&source=krop. No phone calls or drop-ins about the job. Due to the amount of applicants we will not be able to respond to each email.
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package including healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k. To apply, please visit https://johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=70&source=krop. No phone calls or drop-ins about the job. Due to th
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.