Beach House Group is looking for a creative, energetic and hardworking Designer/Product Development Manager to join our fun team of results-driven and collaborative people! Reporting into the Sr. Category Director of Toys, the ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of soft line and hard line consumer goods and can manage the product life cycle from concept to production, as well as develop innovative and creative products based on direction from management.
** Located near LAX
- Own and maintain product development timelines and work directly with Sr. Category Director of Toys on tracking project progress ensuring adherence to deliverables at every stage in the process. (e.g. concepting phase, prototypes completed, samples received, etc.)
- Coordinate with overseas office on any manufacturing issues or delays and work internally and externally to find solutions and/or alternatives.
- Manage projects from concept through pre-production and oversee the full scope of deliverables, including design specifications, technical drawings, and creating models.
- Develop innovative and creative concepts and designs that translate into 3D products that are ready for production.
- Participate in new product brainstorming and present multiple options for each new toy or product.
- Create designs, illustrations, layout concepts, and product designs based on knowledge of trends, design principles and esthetic design concepts from in-house and client collaborations.
- Create and design style guide graphics for in-house concepts and looks.
- Apply and design with style guide graphics to both product and package mediums.
- Conduct market research of competitive environment/trends to develop objectives for new product development.
- Participate in production approvals and cost engineering; provide detailed overlays for production approvals.
- Understand and manage QA/QC process, testing protocols, and regulations as they apply to product.
- Track the production and shipping of marketing samples, communicate with marketing team on arrival times and manage prototype and retail samples.
- Manage sales samples for sales team, pull necessary items for sales presentations and assist with basic PowerPoint updates on presentation decks as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate item set-up of "item points" including information such as product dimensions, packaging dimensions, product materials, etc.
- Organize project details meticulously to ensure specs are precise, timelines tracked, and deadlines met.
- Demonstrate teamwork across departments to coordinate progress and solve challenges.
- Work with cross-functional team to deliver high-quality product that is aligned with cost, safety, and legal requirements.
View 2 job postings at Beach House Group
- Minimum 5 years product development experience, background in toys and additional hard lines categories.
- Toy development - spec'ing, approvals, technical drawing.
- Experience translating concepts into products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience creating a wide range of toys within active play categories.
- Refined knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Good rendering and illustration skills.
- Ability to quickly prototype and ideate concepts.
- A strong understanding of how 2D designs will look when applied to product.
- Ability to create product line drawings and mock ups.
- Creative eye for design and presentation layouts in addition to a keen attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Ability to take and apply feedback.
- High energy and drive, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with internal and external teams
Email email@example.com Resumes must be attached in Word or PDF format. Links to any portfolio information you'd like to share are encouraged.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.