About the Foundation
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by
international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton
Hotels and left his fortune to help the world's disadvantaged and
vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic
initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending
chronic homelessness, preventing substance use, helping young
children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition age youth
in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton's support for the work
of Catholic Sisters. In addition, following selection by an
independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the
$2 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit
organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. In
2018, the Hilton Humanitarian Prize was awarded to SHOFCO (Shining
Hope for Communities), a grassroots organization based in Nairobi,
Kenya that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by
providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms,
and education and leadership development for women and girls. From
its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.6 billion in
grants, distributing $114.9 million in the U.S. and around the
world in 2017. The Foundation's current assets are approximately
$2.8 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
About the role
As a part of the Communications team, the Digital and Creative
Designer collaborates with other teams across the Foundation to
execute creative concepts and deliverables, including, but not
limited to, digital, print collaterals, presentation and videos to
support the Hilton Foundation's mission. This position reports to
the Digital and Creative Manager.
Creative Design- 30%
- In collaboration with the Communications team, creates and
designs materials for publication and distribution for both
internal and external audiences, based on the current brand
- Ensures Foundation's brand standards are maintained across all
- Develops materials, including one-sheets, reports and brochures
to support various departments at the Foundation.
- Works with external vendors to develop design materials in
support of programs, the Hilton Humanitarian Prize and the
- Pitches creative design ideas by producing drafts, prototypes,
mood boards and solutions.
- Produces digital designs including, but not limited to social
cards, digital ads, infographics, email newsletters and
Digital Content Production- 30%
- Provides engaging digital solutions to enhance our digital
- Oversees video production both locally and in international
settings, if needed.
- Edits videos for programs, learning, events and internal
- Produces digital press kits for media and program-related
- Occasional domestic and international travel (5%)
Website and Intranet Maintenance- 20%
- Works with consultants to maintain and update the website and
intranet; implements user experience and design changes as
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to maintain content of the
Foundation's digital platforms, including, but not limited to its
website and the intranet.
Digital and Creative Support- 15%
- Provides photography support.
- Maintains photography and video library through the digital
assets management system.
- Provides digital assets needed for presentations.
- Keen attention to detail with regard to copy, graphic and
visual communication choices.
Education / Training
- Equivalent certification, or three plus years of work
experience in design, creative, media production and visual
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Portfolio showcasing strong design and creative skills in broad
range of mediums including, print, digital and web.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and has strong
copy editing skills.
- Expert knowledge of design theory, typography, color and
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Video editing or motion graphics skills.
- Self-starter who works successfully and effectively, both
independently and as part of a team in a multicultural and
participatory environment with a strong attention to detail.
- General knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Familiarity of user experience and user interface design
- Worked with web content management solutions such as WordPress
- Video production experience.
- Interest in nonprofit, social good sector and the
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Tech savvy
- Optimizes work processes
In addition to the role specific competencies listed above, our
Core Competencies are just as important astheyidentifythe key
values and strengths shared by everyone at the Foundation,
regardless of the job they perform:
Drives Vision and Purpose, Collaborates, Instills Trust, Global
Perspective and Strategic Mindset
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
and we seek candidates from all backgrounds and experiences
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/p3dwmgxrv3fbmzk7