Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) (Job ID #87405)
Student Affairs/Marketing and Communications
University of Illinois at Chicago
The Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) assists in the creation of studio and field-based video production, including the planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output of a digital video products, including presentations and web-related content.
- Operates digital imaging and video equipment to capture a variety of subjects (people, landscape, architectural, university departments, and UIC events). Provides post-production and edits digital images/video into final format to ensure quality control, and uploads to secure servers.
- Produces and coordinates the production of multimedia projects.
- Maintains digital image/video inventory and archives; orders and maintains inventory of digital imaging apparatus and supplies.
- Assists with the maintenance, repair, and replacement of imaging/video equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance of the department stock archives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. Any one or any combination totaling 1 year (12 months) from any of the following categories:
(a) Credit for progressively more advanced college course work that would lead to a Bachelor's degree in a communications production related field.
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree or higher equals 1 year (12 months)
(b) Progressively more responsible work experience and/or on the job training that provided knowledge of advanced practices and methods of digital imaging and processing.
1. Complex, computer-based digital imaging processes and procedures (utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar software). Motion graphics software experience preferred.
2. Progressively more responsible work experience in imaging/video-related industry.
3. Knowledge of University and departmental policies and procedures preferred.
4. Strong communications skills.
5. Involvement within industry related professional organizations is highly encouraged.
For fullest consideration, please apply at jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=87405 no later than Friday, January, 5, 2018.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.