Title: Digital Retoucher
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Digital Retoucher is an early-career role that is chiefly responsible for the creation of quality digital images and technical schematics for release to pre-press and site use.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Execute photo editing, photo manipulation, image archiving, compositing, pre-press production, print quality, color management, and graphic design.
- Evaluate imagery through physical samples and reference files to ensure compliance with brand standards; including proper product color, tone, contrast, density, and shadows.
- Utilize Photoshop to warp and digitally image vector designs onto existing product photography.
- Assist in seasonal product photography shoots and assure quality of shots reflect brand standards.
- Implement photography into the website based on photography standards and specifications; including cropping, retouching, color correcting, optimizing, and downloading images into the database.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Engineering, and Marketing teams to ensure technical and aesthetic specifications are met.
- Analyze and create standard operating procedures for retouching.
- Develop and maintain digital design standards for all finishes and treatments.
- Maintain efficiency tools that allow teams to generate large batches of images with ease.
- Research and implement software solutions in a transitioning digital photography workflow.
- 3 - 5 years product and lifestyle retouching and asset management experience in a high volume environment.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited four-year college or university in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Fine Art or related field.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite; specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Bridge. CaptureOne experience a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of color management practices including the use of ICC profiles for CMYK SWOP conversion, proofing, and monitor calibration.
- Thorough knowledge of CMYK and RGB workflows for print and digital.
- Understand the technical aspect of creating and optimizing image assets for online including pixel dimension requirements; asset storage; naming protocol; and optimizing images for page load time.
- Thorough understanding of design principles; including perspective, light, shadow, and color theory.
- Knowledge of photography, print production, and e-commerce.
- Expert level retouching, color matching, masking and compositing techniques for print.
- Capable of planning and organizing priorities using sound judgment, professionalism, and malleability to meet evolving deadlines and deliverables.
- Self-starter; proactive and motivated with a keen eye for detail and focus on producing quality results.
- Superior interpersonal skills; a collaborative team player that works well with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The Digital Retoucher role operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or exert force, up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. The visual acuity requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5pm with some overtime projected.
Domestic travel requirements exist or are anticipated for this position; 10% or less.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Applicants must include a portfolio depicting expertise in photo retouching to be considered for the position.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.