As the successful Digital Marketing Coordinator, you will combine your creative communication skills and technical savviness to devise, implement, and manage SMPTE's online marketing efforts. We will rely on you to spearhead SMPTE's strategic growth efforts by using the latest web and digital marketing systems to leverage current trends. From leading marketing automation and coordinating email campaigns to executing clear, concise brand-consistent messaging across all online platforms, this is the perfect role for you, a skilled digital marketing professional.
In this leadership role, you will join a small, yet dynamic marketing team in order to manage all its digital marketing and messaging efforts. It's essential that you are highly organized and possess excellent communication skills, the ability to demonstrate creativity, and understanding the importance of attending to even the smallest details. SMPTE desires a passionate digital marketing specialist with an interest in developing a robust e-marketing platform that drives revenue. This role is integral to SMPTE's 3-year business plan and is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant team and to make a significant impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the marketing automation platform to manage digital marketing efforts.
- Coordinate SMPTE website and social media channels, particularly SEO/SEM, to maximize positive results.
- Oversee lead generation that drives revenue targets by optimizing prospect lead database and generating internal database information, such as lists, segments, groups, and counts for direct marketing projects.
- Working with the team in the creation of digital marketing campaigns that effectively promote the SMPTE brand, products, and services.
- Analyze marketing data to determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, making adjustments as necessary.
- Create effective digital collateral and content landing pages that meet objectives.
- Manage digital advertising schedules and placement.
- Track, collate, and maintain inventory of all digital marketing campaigns and their assets.
- Assisting in other areas as may be necessary to meet department goals and objectives.
- Must possess a strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) to create impactful campaigns.
- Social media marketing - Deep knowledge of how to use paid and organic social media to promote product and brand campaigns for a measurable return on investment.
- Copywriting - Ability to create attention-grabbing ad copy that produces results.
- Creativity - Ability to translate needs into creative marketing solutions.
- Knowledge of traditional and emerging digital marketing tools and how each can support the other.
- Experience with research methods using data analytics software.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, web analytics and Google Adwords, marketing automation tools, email tools, etc.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Content Management System software.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under challenging timeframes with multiple activities at once.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven work experience with 1-3 years in digital marketing, portfolio desirable.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Microsoft 365 Word Processing software, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Creative Cloud Design software, Salesforce, Civi, Drupal, MailChimp, SproutSocial, as well as marketing automation tools, such as HubSpot.
For more than a century, the people of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE - pronounced "simp-tee"), have sorted out the details of many significant advances in media and entertainment technology, from the introduction of "talkies" and color television to HD and UHD (4K, 8K) TV. Since its founding in 1916, SMPTE has received an Oscar and multiple Emmy Awards for its work in advancing moving-imagery engineering across the industry. SMPTE has developed thousands of standards, recommended practices, and engineering guidelines, more than 800 of which are currently in force today. SMPTE Time Code and the ubiquitous SMPTE Color Bars are just two examples of SMPTE's notable work. Now in its second century, SMPTE is shaping the next generation of standards and providing education for the industry to ensure interoperability as the industry evolves further into IT- and IP-based workflows.
SMPTE is a global professional association of technologists and creatives who drive the quality and evolution of motion imaging. Its membership today includes more than 7,000 individuals: motion-imaging executives, creatives, technologists, researchers, and students who volunteer their time and expertise to SMPTE's standards development and educational initiatives. A partnership with the Hollywood Professional Association (HPA) connects SMPTE and its membership with the businesses and individuals who support the creation and finishing of media content.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.