WHO WE ARE:
At ActBlue, we build and run a powerful, modern online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We're a nonprofit organization ourselves, and we work to make it really easy for these groups to run grassroots fundraising programs. The result? We're putting power back in the hands of small-dollar donors.
Since 2004, campaigns and organizations across the country have raised over $2 billion using our tools, with a current average contribution size of $30. Thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations to local school board members count on our fundraising tools to fuel their organizing work.
We're a small (but growing!) team that has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in!
The Marketing Team is responsible for all of ActBlue's digital content, design projects, and fundraising data analysis. This team has a hand in everything public facing that ActBlue creates. We are looking for a Digital Production Assistant to help us manage the production of our email program and ensure accurate implementation of our team's content across ActBlue's platforms. This is an entry level position, and we're ready to teach you what you need to know, but you should have a strong interest in using data and design to communicate effectively, be curious about data and excited to dive into a database to answer questions, and be ready to learn several new skills quickly.
- Be the point person for managing the loading and sending of all email segments for a large-scale email fundraising program.
- Help to brainstorm, design, implement, and analyze A/B tests for our email fundraising program.
- Help pull together team projects, like microsites and reports, by managing and implementing feedback and performing quality assurance.
- Run, modify, and write SQL queries.
- Master ActBlue's brand and design standards, and use InDesign and Illustrator to modify existing layouts, work on small design projects, and export files.
- Extremely detail-oriented: You proofread, reread, and triple check your work. You're the type to catch typos and other mistakes in everything you read.
- Interested in expanding your technical knowledge: This position will involve working with various coding languages and programs such as SQL, HTML, CSS, and Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as some statistics skills. We're looking to bring in someone with basic knowledge of one or more of these who is ready to learn more! Extra points for SQL skills.
- Organized: We work on many different types of projects simultaneously. We need someone who can juggle tasks from various projects without losing sight of important details and deadlines.
- A team player: Our team is incredibly collaborative and it will be important for the person in this role to be able to coordinate well with the people around them. You will need strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Mission-driven: Our online fundraising technology makes it easy for more supporters to participate in the political process every day. We need people who are passionate about furthering this work and effectively communicating our mission.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlue's office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston's MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, salaried position centered in our office. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, including commuter benefits, fully employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan, and a flexible time-off policy.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.