The Sr. Digital Visual Designer works from brainstorming to
implementation in collaboration with engineers, data scientists,
and other health experts to create simple and seamless experiences
by distilling product requirements and user goals into sketches,
wireframes, visual designs and experimental prototypes. You will
also work to shepherd ideas from conception to release, advocating
for clean and understandable solutions along the whole journey
You will be required to leverage your experience working within
a technical environment. You should possess and be able to deliver
extraordinary visual and user interface designs, as well as
leverage usercentered design principals which will be applied to
all projects. Have an affinity for consistency, color use,
typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a
good eye for aesthetics, you grasp and distill highly complex
issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Hoag has been named one of the Best Regional Hospitals in the 2019 - 2020 U.S. News & World Report. For an unprecedented 23 years, residents of Orange County have chosen Hoag as one of the county’s best hospitals in a local newspaper survey. Hoag is an approximately $1 billion nonprofit, regional health care delivery network in Orange County, California, that treats more than 30,000 inpatients and 480,000 outpatients annually. Hoag consists of two acute-care hospitals – Hoag Hospital Newport Beach, which opened in 1952, and Hoag Hospital Irvine, which opened in 2010 – in addition to nine health centers...
Read moreView 2 job postings at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
- Applies user-centered design principles to improve the
workflow, expand the functionality, and enhance the visual appeal
of web, mobile and touch devices.
- Designs/crafts extraordinary user experiences/ interfaces in
web, mobile-web, and iOS applications.
- Applies a solid foundation in typography, layout and design to
the visual product.
- Communicates design concept ideas through sketches and
wireframes from start to a finished visual product.
- Uses advanced skills in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote
and other design tools to create.
- Designs from start to finish iOS app experiences collaborating
with and UI designers, and iOS developers.
- Functions well independently, and in a team environment.
- Contributes to and participates in, an iterative design
process, inspired by group critique.
- Applies excellent collaboration, written, verbal and
presentation skills to the task at hand.
- Perform other visual designer duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and
other design tools.
- Experience with health applications and programs/data.
- Animation experience.
- Bachelors' Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Media Arts or
- Seven plus years of work experience crafting extraordinary user
interface design in web, mobile-web, and iOS app experiences.
Skills or Other Qualifications:
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing user experience and
visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- Extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well
as user-centered design principals.
- An affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen
eye for subtle details.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to stay highly
organized is critical.
- Interest in new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently and
perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
- The ability to create consumer-friendly experiences & data
visualizations for a complex system.
License and Certifications: