Director of Training, Product + Customer Service
Once upon a time, a store in Chelsea named STORY decided to act more like a magazine by changing every 4-8 weeks to bring to life themed experiences. Fast forward seven years and STORY has become a model for the future of retail, pioneering a new retail media business model, building a vibrant community of consumers and small businesses, while also partnering with Fortune 500 companies. Now, STORY is ready to take the success of its NYC location national, for its next chapter within select Macy's doors and is seeking the right author to help us write it!
ABOUT THE ROLE
STORY'S Director of Training, Product + Customer Service will design and oversee all associated learning and development programs. With a deep understanding of STORY's unique value proposition in customer-facing storytelling and customer experience, the director will create programming designed to provide the necessary tools for all customer facing-roles to carry out STORY's brand pillars: engagement, community and versatility. In addition, the director will be responsible for ensuring the necessary network and process of communication is in place to engage stakeholders in the field to effectively and consistently penetrate STORY managers and Storytellers.
- Responsible for creating effective training content that resonate and achieve high retention with store associates (our "storytellers").
- Partner closely with regional training execution directors to ensure that STORY managers and Storytellers have the training and tools embodying brand culture while providing outstanding service
- Design onboarding content and processes to include rollout of STORY orientation bootcamp, which serves as an in-person transactional learning facility for all store training captains and regional leads
- Develop a robust set of onboarding materials for other field staff
- Develop ongoing training to include content intended for all STORY field staff to reinforce brand ethos and approach to customer service.
- Develop process to solicit feedback/suggestions from stores (e.g. employee survey) and processes informed by industry best practices to share best practices at scale. Content to be shared at regular intervals via in-person workshops and digital formats
- Develop product-focused training - For each story, partner with vendors to develop product training guides and assessments to educate field staff about brand story and product knowledge
- Implement data centered approach to assess impact of training curriculum
- Design scorecards, KPI's, analytics, and systems to measure and report impact
- Define long term training roadmaps -Champion innovative learning solutions that reduce waste in learning and drive higher learning efficacy.
- Develop digital and print educational material (e.g. videos and manuals)
- Conduct role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills
- Ensure new hires take on basic sales training courses, including communication and troubleshooting skills
- Liaise with managers and encourage on-the-job coaching
- Develop business cases and advocate for any needed investments in training capabilities. Continuous identify curriculum improvement opportunities and learning needs to enhance training efficacy and employee engagement that support business goals.
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS
- Endless curiosity mixed with an urgency to find creative solutions that stick
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a customer service and/or training role
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and executive presence for providing information to executive team, business partners, owners, and other external partners
- Proven experience in successfully leading adventurous teams into the unknown
- Empathy as the lens through which you see the world. We're passionate about great people.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.