At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we're on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand's legacy.
We're looking for an exceptionally creative, smart, inspiring Editorial Director to lead our growing copy team, and craft Abercrombie's vision through stories that elicit the intangible feelings of our brand. We're interested in candidates who understand customer and takes their work extremely seriously, but themselves, not so much.
What will you be doing?
- Drives vision by concepting, executing, developing and managing high-level, large-scale content initiatives across all channels
- Sets and represents the voice and tone of Abercrombie & Fitch and abercrombie kids with the ability to advocate and execute on it
- Ensures concept and brand vision are consistently compelling
- Works intimately with strategy and design to translate concepts into successful campaigns
- Writes and oversees advertising/marketing campaigns and digital/store experiences
- Leads and fosters writing team's development
- Maintains an intimate understanding of our target consumer
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Creative Writing, English Literature, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 10+ years related work experience with 4+ years management experience
- Experience in a fashion retail-focused industry is a plus
- Digital media, ad agency and/or magazine editorial experience is also a plus
- Superior language and grammar skills
- Experience partnering with creative directors and design leads to tell brand stories through copy and visuals
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and deal with accelerated deadlines and shifting deliverables
- Must be a team player who is open to receiving and executing feedback
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER ABERCROMBIE FITCH CO. 2012
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.