Climate Central is seeking a creative, detail-oriented HTML email developer and web designer to serve as point person for HTML email campaigns, a vital tool in our organization for communicating the science and effects of climate change.
The position requires strong HTML and CSS skills, prior experience developing responsive HTML emails and managing multiple email lists, and some experience in email marketing. Ideal candidates will have the tenacity to meet deadlines, proactively solve problems and provide functional design ideas while growing Climate Central's digital engagement.
- Develop responsive HTML emails (often containing dynamic content) and HTML and CSS for email elements connected to the web
- Oversee email campaigns from conception to delivery
- Contribute to marketing strategy employed in email campaigns to increase engagement with content and increase list serve subscribers
- Regularly track, report, and review activity metrics to identify areas of improvement
- Improve upon current email templates and ensure consistent branding across multiple email lists and browsers
- Conduct A/B testing to enhance email campaigns
- Work effectively and efficiently with program managers and QA testers
- Stay current with latest design and development trends to keep Climate Central competitive
- Other duties as assigned, including the possibility of web design
- 3-5 years of experience
- Well versed in mobile responsive email coding techniques
- Experience in debugging cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Ability to successfully manage a range of activities across different programs
- Familiarity tracking and digesting activity metrics
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, focus on emails a plus
- General proficiency in Photoshop; additional Adobe design programs a plus
- Experience in version control system (e.g. Git) a plus
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, deadline driven
About Climate Central
Climate Central is a fast-growing, non-profit organization with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. We are an independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about our changing climate and its impact on the American public. Climate Central is not an advocacy organization and does not lobby or support any specific legislation, policy or bill.
This position will be located at Climate Central's headquarters in Princeton, N.J.
Compensation is competitive, with very generous benefits.
Climate Central strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, Climate Central is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.