Agora Financial, one of The Agora Companies, is looking to hire a creative and highly motivated Graphic Designer for its downtown Baltimore office. The right candidate must display excellent design skills as well as superb communication and organizational abilities, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
We are part of The Agora, a collection of over 20 of the world's most powerful privately owned media companies. More than a dozen of our companies are based in the historic neighborhood of Mount Vernon in Baltimore City, and we're comprised of more than 800 professionals in Baltimore that enjoy some of the top workplaces in the city, according to The Baltimore Sun.
- Production of multiple monthly printed & online newsletters and publication collateral
- Developing brand identities
- Designing direct mail and renewal pieces
- Developing innovative cover designs and laying out books
- Independently managing workload and responsibilities within a team of publishers, web teams and marketers.
- Graphic Design degree
- 2 years' experience working in the industry, preferred
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office
- Mac proficient
- Understands printing processes
- HTML experience and familiarity with content management systems, preferred (WordPress is a plus)
- Excellent typography skills
- Direct Mail experience
- Creative problem solving skills with a "can do" attitude
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Aptitude in working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
We offer a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to our employees, including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Fitness programs and discounts
- Casual dress code
How to Apply
For consideration, it's necessary to submit ALL 3 of these things: your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter explaining why you're right for the position. In your portfolio, we'll be looking for samples showing a large amount of text layouts like newsletters, book layouts, direct mail and creative projects like posters, book covers, etc.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic commentary through print and online publications, print and e-books, films and international conferences. For over 25 years, Agora Financial has been a leading innovator in the financial publishing industry. Not only have our economic forecasts been uncannily accurate, but we've consistently beaten the mainstream financial media to the punch.
Agora Financial readers were aware of the housing bubble, the credit bubble, the excesses underlying the Panic of '08, the pending collapse of Lehman Bros. and the bankruptcy of American Airlines well before they happened - and in many cases, were able to prosper while other investors got blindsided.
Executive publisher Addison Wiggin, a New York Times best-selling author and the driving force behind the critically acclaimed documentary film I.O.U.S.A, and our editorial team continue to challenge traditional publishing outlets by offering irreverent, insightful commentary where others fear to tread. Agora Financial editors' consistent ability to stay ahead of the mainstream has earned recognition from dozens of media sources, including The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Financial Times and others.
Learn more about Agora Financial at http://agorafinancial.com/.
If you think you may belong at Agora Financial and could benefit from a deeper look inside of their office, be sure to check out their Workplace Highlight on WestWord. Read it here.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.