John McNeil Studio is a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow.
We're looking for a freelance front-end developer with at least 5+ years experience to work alongside our Developer team to conceive of and build interactive experiences.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams of visual designers, UX, motion designers and developers.
- Build prototype concepts to demonstrate and test ideas.
- Produce neat, tested, readable and well-documented code.
- Work with Photoshop to do image slicing, resizing, optimization, and other core manipulations.
- 5+ years experience in a Front End Developer role with examples you can share of your previous work.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and current front end libraries like Bootstrap.
- Familiar with NPM/Bower, Gulp, Browserify, Sass.
- Preferred: experience with WebGL, Three.js, Babylon.js, or Pixi.js.
- Calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Must be available to work in our Berkeley studio. A valid US work visa is required. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, a link to your portfolio, and a reference list to https://johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=40&source=krop. No phone calls about the job. No drop-ins about the job. Due to the number of applicants, we will not respond to each email.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.