It's a new era in consumer marketing. BlueSoho, a division of Quad/Graphics, helps our clients meet the challenge. As an integrated marketing and technology firm, the BlueSoho team helps customers connect their print content across mobile, digital, video, social media and other marketing channels. Our full suite of services is designed to deliver high-impact brand experiences.
Quad/Graphics Photography Services Division is seeking a Freelance Photo Assistant for our studio in Sidney, NE producing branded photography for Cabela's. The Photo Assistant is responsible for supporting the Photographers, Stylists, Art Directors, Producers and Merchandisers in a high-volume production photo studio environment.
- Assisting photographers of hard line products, soft goods/apparel, people, products and room sets
- Assisting with photography of product both on and off-figure, in a high volume studio environment and on-location
- Reviewing and receiving specifications, instructions, and paperwork with Photographers
- Maintaining photography equipment and studio environment
- Set building and set assembly skills. Practical working knowledge of hand and power tools
- Working directly with Studio Producer and the Photographers to understand internal studio schedules
- Working cooperatively with the Stylists and Merchandisers
- Tracking projects, maintaining shot logs, and tracking sheets
- Assisting in processing and routing of images and projects from production through post production
- Working with Studio Producer, Photographers and Stylists to insure deadlines are met
- Reviewing equipment needs with Photographers
- Reviewing workflows with Photographers and providing feedback
- Assisting in maintaining a high level of client satisfaction and confidence
- Performing, maintaining and assisting in all reviews and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- 2+ years of professional industry experience as a Photography Assistant or Production Assistant
- Understanding and working knowledge of still photography techniques, principles, equipment, and lighting techniques for commercial photography
- Experience with digital image retouching, image manipulation and postproduction techniques and software(s) to enhance/improve raw capture and rendered high-resolution image quality
- Experience with evaluation of photography for reproduction in print and electronic media (web images)
- Working knowledge of current photography equipment, tools and software
- Understanding of workflows for still and video productions
- Proficiency with Apple/Macintosh computer platform/software.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software - specifically Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and experience with CaptureOne (raw image capture software), Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Acrobat, In-Design, Illustrator, Final Cut (Mac) and Adobe Premier
Additional Company Information
You'll work in a friendly, fast-paced, casual environment and be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive compensation package and our commitment to supporting work-life balance.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.