Braid, established in 2017 and headquartered in Charlottesville, VA, is a developer-led agency bringing digital innovations to market. We build apps, websites, and digital experiences for our clients.
We are seeking a full stack engineer who is comfortable in a variety of web technologies and ready to contribute on day one.
You work well as a member of a team but also value putting your head down and getting work done. You're a developer first, but are also comfortable discussing design, user experience, and business objectives. One of your greatest strengths is your ability to learn and you are always trying to improve. You are self-directed and expect tasks and projects to be executed at a high level. You're excited to work at a startup and build applications for a large assortment of industries.
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in software development building web applications or websites
- Experience contributing to applications that are performant, scalable, and easily maintainable by others
- Experience in relational database technologies such as MySQL or Postgres
- Experience in server technologies such as Linux, NGINX, Apache, Node, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Exposure to test-driven development
- Exposure to document databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with additional front-end frameworks such as Vue, React, or Angular
- Produce high quality websites and web applications alongside other members of our organization
- Advocate for code quality internally
- Work with designers, business leaders, and other engineers on a wide array of projects
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work on your projects
- Occasionally interface with clients when a technical representative is needed
- Embrace and practice our core values: we are committed to quality, we are loyal to a fault, we are problem solvers, we pursue positive impact
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.