Title: Production Artist
While a Creative director comes up with creative concepts and a graphic designer executes them, it's the production artist who brings them to life. That's why strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must.
- Collaborate closely with art directors, designers and developers
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
- Create PDFs for print and client review
- Conduct press checks
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer
- A bachelor's degree in design or other related positions is preferred for the production artist position. Significant course work in graphic design, print production, visual arts or a related field, along with an outstanding portfolio and experience that demonstrates clear knowledge of print production and design, may suffice in the absence of a degree.
- A production artist must have a solid knowledge of printing processes and should be adept with software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with digital content such as websites, social media, online advertising and email campaigns may be required, along with basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects and web-development software.
- A production artist should have strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. These creative professionals should also be process-oriented self-starters. And they must stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through research and education.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.