Wayfair is adding a talented Graphic Designer to our Lifestyle Brands design team. We're looking for a meticulous Creative who is passionate about their craft. Someone who understands the nuance of great typography, but isn't paralyzed by it. Fanatical about illustration and photography, but can communicate (visually) without it if necessary. Enthusiastic about the latest tech, software, and apps, but doesn't use them as a crutch. An artist in your heart, a marketer in your mind, and a shopper in your evenings.
Your work will be seen by millions and contribute heavily to the visual evolution of our brand, to be considered you must have an online portfolio. Your work should demonstrate a strong eye for design, a respect for brand standards-both following and creating them. Your portfolio should exhibit a love of experimentation and a command of available technology.
You've worked autonomously and collaboratively to solve complex creative challenges involving email, landing experiences, and digital advertising (especially for mobile). Your involvement has had a large impact on the outcome of the projects you've been involved in. Your focus has been on customer-facing marketing design, though you've dabbled in UI too. You have some experience designing for print and your interest and skill as an illustrator or hand-letterer is apparent in your work. You are obsessive about details, and have a fresh aesthetic sensibility that effortlessly fits in with (and adds to) our unique brand.
- Design and produce a high volume of email and advertising campaigns on tight deadlines
- Follow (and create) brand standards
- Stay up to date on trends; love them
- Be an organized team player, willing to pitch in on all sorts of new projects
- Participate in collaborative brainstorms, concept development, and design mock-ups
- Develop ideas and concepts into compelling visuals
- Present visual ideas, design rationale, and detail to team members and executives
- Assist in project coordination across functional teams
- Work closely with marketing teams, designers, product managers, UX specialists, front-end developers, photographers, 3D artists, style editors, and print vendors
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet business goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- 4+ years of experience
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with Sketch preferred
- Illustration and hand-lettering skills may be utilized
- A solid understanding of the print process, layout, color, and typography principles
- Must be able to produce quality work in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to multiple project timelines
- An affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce
- Interest or experience in home decor or interior design is preferred
- Experience and interest in designing for female demographics
- Sense of humor is a must
Resume & Portfolio
We need to see your work to know if you are a fit for our team!
- Your resume's design must entice us to click through to your portfolio
- Your portfolio should showcase both digital and print design
- Hand-lettering and illustration is a plus
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and dcor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home dcor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.