In this role, you will be responsible for the design, planning, and production of Marketing and institutional materials. Your work should reflect the LA Phil's spirit of innovation and communicate the brand to a variety of constituents. The Graphic Designer works closely with the creative team which includes Design Director, Art Director, Project Manager, Copywriters and Freelance Designers.
- Design of marketing collateral in support of LA Phil concerts and initiatives. Included in this work, but not limited to: brochures, postcards, advertisements, web and social media assets, invitations, banners, packaging, letterhead, point of purchase display, and PowerPoint presentations
- Creative emphasis on institutional initiatives to support the Development and Education Departments
- Manage design process from concept development to production ready art. Duties include color correction, resizing of assets and imagery, design, layout and press check
- Maintain LAPA brand throughout materials while integrating new creative ideas
- Provide creative direction for freelance designers, digital team and assist LAPA staff with general design questions
- This role requires high level of self-motivation and problem solving
- Manage Photography and Image libraries for Creative Services
- Design degree and/or five to seven years of integrated graphic design expertise, including direct mail, environmental design, online and print. Knowledge of paper and inks required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- A portfolio that demonstrates a modern design aesthetic and excellent use of typography
- Flexible attitude and the ability to remain calm under pressure in fast-paced, rigorous environment
- Good organizational and time management skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.