At Families for Excellent Schools, our employees are passionate about their belief that all children should have access to great schools and education. We have diverse professional and personal backgrounds, and we don't simply accept them - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, organization and the communities with which we work. We are an active and energetic group, who like to roll up our sleeves and get things done, which reinforces our culture and organization's core values of Collaboration, Results, Grit, and Respect.
Families for Excellent Schools, a rapidly growing education reform non-profit and advocacy group, is looking for a Digital Designer to produce on-demand high-level creative. This role reports to the Managing Director of Creative. Team Creative is an active and energetic group of push-play people, who like to roll up our sleeves and get things done.
If Now This News, Upworthy, Refinery 29 and/or Huff Po's news nuggets appeal to you, we'd love to chat! As Digital Designer, you'll serve as the resident production artist raising the bar on campaign and brand creative - producing crisp, innovative content under tight deadlines. This person is dependable and self-motivated, a critical, detail oriented thinker. This role is responsible for creation of campaign and brand materials - print ready ads, mail, postcards, digital /social content, etc..
Produce high-bar, multi-platform creative that achieves established goals / objectives and adheres to set timelines across multiple campaigns in two major design competencies - Graphic Design & Motion Animation
- Digital Design (40%): Design and Direction on Branding, Logo, Print, Mail, Signage, Shirts, Typography, Ads, Digital / Social Content;
- Animation (40%): Execution of 2D, Motion Design, Gif making;
- Pitch groundbreaking, innovative, on-brand ideas. (10%): Things you've seen and want to own... Show us how we bring them to life!
- Develop and execute user-friendly brand bible for campaign use. (10%)
- Vendor Management. Act as a liaison between external vendors and FES.
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 year experience in 2D animation and digital design for video
- Track Record. Proven experience creating compelling, shareable, wow-worthy animated videos and visually arresting creative; expert with Adobe Creative Suite- After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator
- An Eye: Strong understanding of 2D layout, trends in typography, illustration, color and design
- Sense and Sensibility: A pulse on politics and current events, and the ability to react and run creative in real-time.
- An Unbreakable Spirit. Tons of enthusiasm for all things creative, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Flexibility: In keeping with the work flow, candidates must be able to travel and work on site as needed, and work moderately irregular hours.
PAY & PERKS
Families for Excellent Schools is committed to providing the best for our employees in and outside of the office. We offer competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, an FSA, a 401K plan with 5% matching and pre-tax commuter benefits, and monthly cell phone bill reimbursements. Employees enjoy a generous vacation policy, alternating summer Fridays, and our office is shut down for a week at the end of the calendar year. We've partnered with AnyPerk to provide discounts from over 850 brands so that our employees can save on a variety of different products. Perks also include a shiny new MacBook on your first day and an open and collaborative office space.
Families for Excellent Schools is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Families for Excellent Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Families for Excellent Schools is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values teamwork, collaboration, creativity, and diversity.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.