About the Position
Wanderlust is looking for a Graphic Designer with an abundance of creative conceptual ability, finely tuned typography skills, advanced layout skills, events/signage experience, and an understanding of the wellness industry.
Our Brooklyn based Art Department is fast paced and seeking an innovative Graphic Designer. The wellness industry is growing rapidly and we are looking for an all round creative guru that thrives in a startup environment.
- Create thoughtful & inspiring graphic design across diverse range of media - from festival signage, to email design, digital assets for video and social, web banners and printed collateral.
- Create organized layouts that have a structured hierarchy
- Collaborate with the design team on Strategic creative thinking and idea generation
- Independently manage multiple projects from briefing to completion within a fixed timeline
- Implement consistent brand elements across a campaign
- 3+ years experience in branding & graphic design
- Bachelor's degree in design, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communicator and collaborator in a tight knit team environment
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish across many categories & media
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding of pre-press and artworking for large format print (event signage)
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote and Acrobat
- An awareness of industry trends
- Illustration and/or hand lettering skills are a bonus
- You love what you do!
- Highly organized and motivated
- Demonstrated ability to handle a great deal of responsibility
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excited to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Ability to balance competing priorities and multiple projects while adhering to deadlines
- Interested candidate must submit a portfolio to be considered
- Must be willing to work in our Brooklyn office.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Please provide a non traditional cover letter answering the following questions.
- Tell us your top 3 strengths as a designer
- Name your favourite brand and tell us why you love it so much
- Explain a situation where you have overcome a creative roadblock, and what the process was link to overcome this roadblock.
Wanderlust's mission is to help you find your true north - to cultivate your best self. We gather experts, practices and recipes for living to guide our guests' journey towards a mindful and inspired life. We are a multi-channel company, with a renowned series of annual festival events, a full-service media company, and multiple permanent yoga centers. Like our mindful community, our staff is a passionate, curious and diverse. We are yogis, teachers, foodies, artists, travelers and seekers. Come join our tribe.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.