UBM is seeking a Graphic Designer to collaborate with the Design Director and marketing teams to create compelling and effective print & digital collateral material as well as graphics for engaging onsite experiences. The Graphic Designer will possess a strong design aesthetic, attention to detail, and production skills necessary to take projects from concept to completion.
UBM organizes over 300 market-leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Our events serve a tremendous variety of different industry sectors from furniture to fashion to pharma. In total we serve over 50 different communities.
There are over 3,750 people working at UBM. We operate in more than 20 countries. This global footprint allows us to help businesses to trade both domestically and internationally.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create compelling layouts and visual assets to effectively communicate marketing message.
- Maintain brand consistency across a range of projects including direct mail, print and online ads, brochures, event signage, interactive marketing pieces, and infographics.
- Develop look & feel of event branding and marketing campaigns.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with peers and internal clients.
- Prioritize and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with the Design Director and Production Manager to meet deadlines.
- Pre-flight design files for offset printing.
- An online portfolio demonstrating a strong sense of typography, composition, and conceptual thinking, as well as attention to detail.
- 3+ years of design experience, and a B.A. or B.S. in graphic design, art, or a related field.
- Highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite 6 or higher, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Production skills in print and online asset preparation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - must be able to present design solutions to internal clients and communicate effectively.
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Familiarity with web design best practices
- Experience with interactive design
- Experiential design experience
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a sample of your work or link to an online portfolio.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.