Location: Purdue University campus, West Lafayette, Indiana
Supervisor: Lisa Tally, Executive Director-Philanthropic Communications
- Work in cooperation with University Development Office (UDO) units to create effective designs that are in brand and that meet fundraising needs. Prioritize projects for Annual Giving and Stewardship.
- Apply creative strategy to marketing materials from concept to completion including brochures, mailers, print ads, postcards, web and email banners, and other materials.
- Manage the production of communication pieces.
- Provide creative direction to photo shoot coordinator and photographers; assist onsite at photo shoots. Assist with video shoots.
- Edit photography according to University and UDO brand guidelines.
- Collaborate and contribute to the design process through participation in creative discussion, contributing input on the overall look of marketing materials and seeking inspiration through research of design trends and key markets.
- Communicate ideas visually and verbally.
- Assist Senior Graphic Designer and Senior Multimedia Designer as needed.
- Work in cooperation with Marketing & Media and freelancers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent design ability (portfolio review required).
- Thorough knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Thorough understanding of the design process and printing process; working knowledge of digital photography.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills and ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline-driven, completing tasks and projects error-free and on time.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at different professional and experience levels; ability to respond constructively to feedback.
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other similar software.
- Ability to work with limited supervision; self-motivated.
- HTML/CSS a plus.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in graphic design, visual communications, marketing or related field.
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com by Wednesday, January 31, 2018. A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
The Purdue Research Foundation is an independent organization that acts for the benefit of Purdue University and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.