Position Title: Graphic Designer
Department: Creative Services
FLSA Status: Exempt, Fulltime
Reports To: Director of Creative Strategy/Design
Working Hours: Flexible schedule, Monday thru Friday with some evenings and weekends
Location: Hamilton, NJ
The Graphic Designer will fulfill art and design functions supporting the Creative Design team, and will effectively interface with all departments to provide satisfactory service in an agency setting. The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize and multitask across numerous projects to deliver quality work under compressed timelines in a fast-paced environment. They will demonstrate the ability to understand and follow style guides and branding requirements, as well as to evaluate methods to select the most effective design application to complete assignments.
The position requires strong creative vision to conceptualize and translate scientific data into meaningful stories, layouts and designs that will fulfill client expectations. Designing with strategic rationale and keen attention to typographic detail, imagery and data visualization is vital to this role.
This position is suited for qualified individuals seeking to enhance existing graphic design knowledge and experience, with strong preference given to those with marketing agency experience, particularly in the pharmaceutical industry. This is not a production artist role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly create and edit designs, graphics and text, in various applications, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word and PowerPoint.
- Review and apply information outlined in project briefs, kick off meetings, and style guides, appropriately interpreting client vision and goals for creative assignments.
- Develop new PowerPoint presentations that elevate a client's communication objectives, while maintaining an alignment to their brand guidelines.
- Consistently prioritize projects and tasks, selecting the appropriate applications to create layouts, charts, graphs, tables and various imagery for optimal efficiency, ultimately meeting deadlines.
- Uphold the importance of file management by retaining electronic data in accordance with established file management and naming conventions, and applying proper version control procedures; communicate and train other employees on related processes.
- Deliver press-ready end products through requested channels; as needed.
- Research and procure requested images from multiple sources; store artwork as required.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of unbranded materials, such as slide decks, to be used for business development initiatives.
- Provide support for the organization's internal creative needs relating to the website, marketing and communications, documentation, employment branding and HR, training materials, community service and other operational activities.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external clients through collaboration and gaining understanding of objectives, incorporating ongoing feedback, clearly communicating information, and adhering to deadlines.
- Fulfill these and other duties as assigned in accordance with the values of Symbiotix agency.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Degree in graphic design, fine arts or related field strongly preferred. High school diploma or GED required. Candidates who have relevant college coursework in a graphic design or other related program combined with equivalent required education and experience may be considered.
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Cloud Applications (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Adobe Acrobat, as well as MS PowerPoint and Word.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a freelance, in- house marketing or agency setting; preference given to qualified candidates with experience in pharmaceutical marketing, particularly medical communications.
- Experience working across both PC and Mac platforms.
- Knowledge of print production and web development process.
- Strong internal and external customer service and vendor management skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to agree to not use client content for personal promotional purposes.
- Understanding of general marketing concepts and familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Linked In and Twitter.
- Must demonstrate ability to edit copy/text content.
- Must possess knowledge of typography, color profiles and imagery search.
- Must demonstrate experience in conceptualizing campaigns or large design initiatives.
- Knowledge of industry standard file formats and best practices preferred.
- Creative experience in a medical environment a plus, but not required.
- Experience in developing video/animation storyboards, and designing user interfaces is a plus.
- Occasional overnight business travel required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Normal office environment with moderate noise levels; and extended use of computer. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.