We are a Palo Alto based tech company that is sparking a static
industry by offering customized products to millions of users. Our
mission is to provide simple, afforadable, tailored insurance for
small businesses, leverging AI/ML.
Founded in 2016, we just recently raised a historic Series C
round of $250M and are now officially a unicorn, valued at over
We are a Palo Alto based tech company that is sparking a static industry by offering customized products to millions of users. Our mission is to provide simple, afforadable, tailored insurance for Small Businesses, leverging AI/ML. Founded in 2016, we just recenetly raised an historic series C round of $250M and are now offcially a unicorn company, valued at over $1B!
As Head of Design, you will build a talented all star team of
product designers. The role combines growing and managing a team
with hands-on design work. This is a highly visible position that
will interact with colleagues at all levels in order to deliver
products that solve real problems for small businesses. If you're
obsessed with facilitating a fantastic customer experience and want
to work on products that will impact millions of users, this is the
right role for you!
Hop on and ride this unicorn!
- Manage and develop a team of designers. This requires setting
clear goals, allocating workload across the team, consistently
hitting deadlines, and mentoring team members so they can learn and
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring
consistency and high quality.
- Lead all phases of design during the product development
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering,
marketing, insurance operations, customer support, and senior
- Establish a strong, user-centered design process that values
research, user testing, prototyping, and iterating.
- Recruit and hire new designers to grow the team.
- Individually contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Deliver results in a fast-paced and fluid startup
- Be the design leader at the company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of design experience on consumer digital
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing a team of 3+
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX)
Design and Visual Systems Development for digital experiences
across multiple platforms and devices.
- Strong mentoring and communication skills.
- Strong visual and interaction skills.
- Hands-on experience creating user flows, information
architecture, wireframes, user journeys, personas, and style
- Must be able to build your own designs
- Experience with remote teams.
*Please email Matt - firstname.lastname@example.org