IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking a creative and talented Illustrator to join our Creative team.
In this role you will be working closely with a variety of IXL curriculum teams to create information visualizations for use in K-12 educational content. This could include anatomical and outer space diagrams, illustrations of Renaissance towns, ancient maps, or complex data visualisations. You will be working with a dedicated and talented team to harness the power of visual learning.
View 5 job postings at IXL Learning
Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume or cover letter. We are looking for portfolios that demonstrate the ability to work with vectors and match IXL's illustrative style.
This is a full-time position in our office in San Mateo.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create 2D vector illustrations, diagrams, charts, and maps for use in academic questions on IXL
- Collaborate closely with Curriculum Designers and UX Designers to create visuals that fulfill educational and technical objectives
- Follow art direction and match IXL's style
- Create accurate and engaging visuals across various subjects and grade levels
- Export and reformat SVG files to meet technical specifications and formatting guidelines
What We're Looking For
- Strong vector-based illustration and graphic design portfolio
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- A keen technical mindset
- Ability to translate complex information into visuals
- Expertise in creating and editing SVG files
- Ability to adapt to any creative style as needed, while maintaining visual consistency and IXL's brand identity
- Solid foundation in color theory, lighting, form, concept, composition, and illustration techniques
- Ability to incorporate detailed feedback
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to set and meet fast-paced deadlines for multiple projects
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Animation experience is a plus
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.