About The Role
We are looking for an Industrial Designer - Consumer Goods to join our team. This role requires a business driver with market awareness, critical thinking abilities and a passion for design and innovative products; the ability to come up with and collaboratively develop new and unique products that are commercially successful for UncommonGoods.
This position reports to the Director of Business & Product Development.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, are creative, imaginative and will generate ideas for new, original products that will be commercially successful.
- You come with a strong understanding of who we are as a brand, specialty merchandise and the products we sell.
- You have experience in and are enthusiastic about product development design and production.
- You have a "can-do" attitude and bring a pro-active problem-solving approach to developments throughout the process.
- You have the critical thinking abilities to successfully manage and develop multiple products across different product categories: from concept development through finalizing design and production.
- Your values and standards are aligned with our business and people culture.
- You embrace being in a lean, collaborative team environment and are motivated by continuous improvement and learning.
UncommonGoods offers remarkable designs by independent makers, and we do it with a positive impact on people and our planet. Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, Better To Give program, and the team members you will be working with.
- Initiate as well as manage the design development for an agreed-on number of new products that we produce and are commercially successful.
- Collaborate with the Product Development and merchant teams throughout all stages of a product development; from concept mockups through design refinement, product samples and production specs.
- Facilitate new ideas and business development initiatives by understanding our assortment and opportunities, as well as ongoing design and market research.
- Assist design outreach efforts by creating design briefs and managing outside designers during the development process.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years experience in product design and development
- Graphic and product design capabilities: Fluency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD and 3D printing
- Self-starter, curiosity seeker; able to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
Benefits & Company Perks:
- Significant product responsibilities, with a meaningful opportunity for personal development and grow into a leadership role.
- A casual work environment for an exciting, meaningful business.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter including an example of how you applied critical thinking skills for a successful product development
Apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/uncommongoods/jobs/1262234
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.