This position can be based at our Carlsbad, CA or Portland, OR office.
The Innovation Director, Video & Content (IDVC) is ultimately responsible for staying ahead of video technology as well as the competition. This role needs to embody strategic thinking that is rooted in reality which means our clients need to be able to see value in it. That said, the IDVC should have an entrepreneurial spirit with a good understanding of how businesses work. Since distribution of video content is largely online, the IDVC should be technically innovative and ensure ideas are not stopped short due to lack of that knowledge. VR and AR should be trends that the IDVC is greatly familiar with. IDVC should have a solid set of working relationships from working in the industry should he/she needs to be able to call on contractors to assist with execution in addition to assisting PIA with finding the right talent by committee.
The IDVC is expected to participate in business development, which will include understanding the client's business problem or wishes and having the ability to make recommendations to solve the problem(s) or deliver on his/her dream. The IDVC MUST have solid understanding of what it means to be a manager and deliver on that expectation. Must be solutions-oriented problem-solver and must love research and data. PIA wants to be leading the video marketing industry. The IDVC needs to know how to infuse the right technology for the client's brand - it should never feel forced for the sake of cool-factor or technology. This role is responsible for R&D and will be provided an annual budget to do so.
All employees shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Use cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency and appropriate use of software tools applicable to performing job duties.
- Monitor the time allocated for assigned projects, notifying supervisors and/or project managers of any anticipated overages or delays.
- Positively advocate and support the company culture.
- Lead by example.
- Support company-wide initiatives.
- Foster inter-department/disciplinary teamwork and cooperation.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding company records, personnel compensation and performance, and all other reports and communication.
- Be a problem solver.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor their own work to ensure quality.
- Consistently come to work on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
- Appropriately record all time worked on a daily basis.
All managers of PIA shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Recruit and provide oversight for departmental level staffing
- Manage department workload, including delegation to qualified staff members
- Focus on staff training and growth
- Foster inter-department teamwork and cooperation
- Support agency-wide initiatives
- Support business development efforts
- Maintain what it is to be an PIA manager - positive, direct, communicative, collaborative
- Accommodate additional department specific responsibilities
All director level employees shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Represent the agency at industry events
- Provide guidance and training to manager level employees
- Promote interdepartmental collaboration
- Champion cross promotion and cross selling activities
- Identify and spearhead process needs and documentation
- Be a representative/leader of department, educate staff on a regular basis
- Support and lead biz dev activities
- Identify problems and provide solutions quickly and effectively
- Manage, train and mentor junior staff
Develop & Implement Solutions + R&D
- Design an R&D program that is structured with process and budget. Work closely with CEO, COO, ECD and CFO to do so. You will be required to identify budgets for reports, subscriptions, personnel (contract or FT) and internal tests. To this end, you will be required to book resources according to PIA process and procedure.
- Prepare a presentation to staff introducing your department.
- Budgets will be monitored within FunctionPoint by initiative in order to develop intel that will inform subsequent year's budget planning. Work with project manager to develop template.
- Deliver solutions-oriented POV/recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver portions of proposals and presentations to all levels of a client's organization.
- Strong understanding of our client's customers, video post-production, AR/VR, mobile/web video technology/platforms, analytics and best practices.
- Develop new service offerings collaboratively with executive staff
- Be available as needed. Late nights and weekends may be required.
- Proactive commitment to business development initiatives that require more innovative thinking.
- Thorough understanding of client requests and real issues.
- Ability to listen and ask intelligent probing questions to thoroughly understand the business need. Work with your peers to understand your role. The IDVC isn't replacing account strategy.
- Ability to present in front of clients.
- Support Biz dev and Account Services staff during biz dev initiatives.
- Ability to scope and assist with the bidding process.
- Understand business development process.
- Ability to scope and bid on work without all requirements provided. Need to use professional judgment, list assumptions and out of scope items to cover unknowns.
- Understand each staff member's abilities and background to best mentor and manage his/her career path. Create career path if one does not exist.
- Communicate staff updates and meetings to HR on a regular basis. Verbal and written.
- Understand the resource needs of the agency and match resource assignment accordingly.
- Strategically plan development/growth of the department to support agency needs.
- Inspire, challenge, empower and trust your staff.
- Ability to resolve conflict objectively between departments while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Involve executives appropriately when planning, salary and incentive discussions.
- Define and document best practices and contribute to company-wide knowledge sharing efforts.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the role of Innovation Director, Video & Content, PIA realizes that talent can come from many backgrounds. We have altered traditional requirements to the following:
2+ years in agency environment (ability to serve multiple clients at once)
- Education may include marketing, creative/design, video/editing, web technology, video distribution/advertising.
- Proven record illustrating ability to lead a team.
- Proof of knowledge of video services including AR/VR.
- Superior analytical capabilities for proposing alternative solutions and cost-benefit based on these technologies
- Solid understanding in Web technologies, including social networking, analytics, blog platforms, widgets, mobile and emerging digital interfaces
- Expert-level knowledge of video design concepts, storytelling through video, motion graphics, driving CTAs, function vs form, and more
- Extensive experience working with online video, broadcast a plus
- Persistent awareness and knowledge of industry trends
- Passion for data and research
- Strong, error-free written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce quality materials and results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several project
- A.S., B.A., or B.S. desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Must travel to satellite offices to maintain presence and connection with team members in various locations as needed.
- Must be willing to travel up to 15% of the time.
Please apply via this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=PIACOMMUNI&jobId=188136&lang=en_US&source=CC2
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.