Position: Interaction Designer
Location: San Francisco
Status: Freelance (40 hours a week)
Estimated Duration: 3 Months
Starts: Interviewing now!
Rate: Up to $65/hr DOE
Our client, one of the largest software companies in the Bay Area, needs an Interaction Designer to join their team. This is an onsite, 40 hour/week opportunity in San Francisco.
The Interaction Designer will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a user-centered design approach as you tackle complex design problems
- Advocating for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions (e.g., responsive, accessibility)
- Mapping out interaction user workflows that take into account cross-product integration
- Creating annotated wireframes (low fidelity to high fidelity and everything in between)
- Participating in product research and analysis, always striving to know the customers you for which you are designing
- Collaborating deeply with user researchers, product managers and the engineering team throughout the product lifecycle to ensure your designs are addressing user and business needs, feasible to implement, and are subsequently implemented accurately
- Helping to define design patterns that can be used across the entire product ecosystem
- Working on fast-paced projects, requiring attent ion to detail and working within constrained timelines
The ideal Interaction Designer should possess the following (please provide specific examples of how these apply to you):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in HCI, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in UX/Interaction Design
- A professional portfolio demonstrating interaction design
- Problem solving and communication skills that demonstrate you know how to
1) understand user needs,
2) translate those needs into modern and intuitive experiences, and
3) justify design choices and adjust decisions based on feedback
- Know the rules of good interaction design and know when to break them
- Experience with wireframing tools (e.g., Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Technical acumen with web technologies:HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities across platforms
- Experience designing for enterprise SaaS, accessibility, mobile apps, and analytics is a plus
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.