Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing lovable language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Each day, our passionate, dynamic team is driven by our core mission to enrich lives with language and culture. Available on mobile, tablet and web-based platforms, our software teaches real conversations (in 70 languages and counting!) and cultural background to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language lovers of all ages.
As a Junior Copywriter with Mango, you'll be supporting brand communications and work across teams to tell the Mango story to our customers, clients, and future Mango recruits. Whether you're penning the weekly company newsletter, researching for the next blog post, or adding your expertise to outgoing communications, we'll look to you to appeal to Mango's various verticals and values through the written word. Reporting to our Creative Manager and lead copywriter, you'll have the opportunity to be collaborate with the marketers, designers, and writers behind our lovable brand - and add your own creative expertise into the mix.
Our ideal candidate will bring equal parts professionalism, creativity, and experience to the table. We're looking for a writer on a mission - if you think our core purpose of enriching lives with language and culture is valuable, then we'd love to hear what you have to say. And if you're a fan of the Oxford Comma, we'll give you a gold star. As one of Mango's resident writers, we'll lean on you to capture the passion of our sales teams, articulate the mission of our product, and keep an eye out to make sure Mango is staying ahead of the curve in our communications. Fast-paced fun, creative marketing, lovable language learning - are you up for the challenge? We can't wait to hear from you!
- Writing and editing concise, engaging, and on-brand copy for print and digital mediums as it pertains to all products and audiences. Includes: Researching for and writing 2-3 blog posts/month, plus editing and refreshing inbound content (white papers, case studies, guides, etc.), landing pages, in-product course notes, misc. sales collateral, etc.
- Bringing fresh ideas and angles to our brand and product communications.
- Keeping copy consistent and identifiable across verticals and taking initiative in fixing and communicating inconsistencies and mistakes.
- Adhering to and amending our internal style guide.
- Working with lead copywriter and creative manager to devise and review creative strategies, develop concepts, and provide copy on assigned projects.
- Collaborating with the creative team on concepting marketing and creative projects.
- Maintaining competitive watch on top competitors' blogs, emails, website copy, course releases, and ad campaigns.
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and desire for perfection.
- A creative and imaginative writer with a knack for picking up on different tones and messaging across audiences.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and adjust as necessary to meet deadlines and adjust to pivots in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly receptive to, and comfortable with receiving and providing constructive feedback and using it to grow and improve as a copywriter.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment. open to multiple rounds of revisions and have a "no task too small" mentality.
- Comfortable working with brand and style guidelines and/or experience writing for a specific brand or promoting a product or service.
- Passionate about staying sharp in your craft by keeping an eye on industry trends and changes.
- Not afraid to present ideas and advocate your work to management or teams.
- Comfortable conducting independent research and interviews to gather information.
- Comfortable working with designers and developers.
- Knowledgeable about SEO and/or experience with keyword optimization.
- Comfortable working in any writing environment; including Google Docs and Microsoft Suite, plus various content management platforms.
- A passionate grammarian in favor of the Oxford comma.
- Published (print or online) work that demonstrates your content intelligence, command of language, and demonstrated success in delivering on deadline.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Advertising or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience: One to two years of professional experience in both copywriting and copyediting.
- *Candidate will not be considered without a cover letter submitted with application.
- *Candidate may be expected to complete a writing challenge during interview process.
- Experience working in content management platforms and SEO software.
- Technical writing experience and/or writing for software programs.
- Can speak another language or has experience working or studying abroad.
Please use the link below to apply through our website. https://mangolanguages.com/company/careers/#/jobs/5e1e8fb4-216a-45e4-a872-3a942929158a
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.